Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by KEW0701

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I have the same problem and already reinstall it but still did not fix it. But lately maybe I know where the problem lies, my sims stay at hause with a price of more than 1,000,000 simoleons and every time in loading screen it always crash but when I play at hause with the price of under 200.000 simoleons the game doesn't crash in loading screen
Message 131 of 206 (433 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Fandy0109 There's a link in the marked answer post to the SimGuru that's asking for saves on Twitter. Sharing your save can help them figure out why the crashing is happening.

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players.
Sims 4 Console FAQ | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

Message 132 of 206 (414 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 PS4 game crashes during loading screen.

Champion

@JTL02017 Did you follow the link in the post to the SimGuru Twitter asking for saves? That's all I can direct you to at this point. Share your save with the bug team to help find out why the crashing is happening.

Message 133 of 206 (440 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I haven’t been able to play a normal sims 4 game without crashes for two months. I’ve deleted the game & reinstalled it twice. I even went from a disc game to digital (I paid $10 & now it free) with no avail. Playstation says it’s a publisher issue. This sucks that I can not load, travel, nor play this game. Sometimes it let me go straight into build mode. But that’s about it. Error CE-34878-0 after that. 

Message 134 of 206 (387 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@DeelovesPink  Please refer to this post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8509... and see the marked thread on the first page of the report. There are troubleshooting steps and it also shows where to send your affected saves.

Message 135 of 206 (369 Views)
Highlighted

CE-34878-0 Error every time I play the sims 4

★★ Novice

I have been getting the error message CE-34878-0 and my game crashes. It does it randomly and it’s to the point where I can’t even play it. I’ve already made sure my PlayStation software and the game is up to date and they are. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that made it worse. After re-installing, it now almost instantly crashes. I’ve spent a lot of money on this game and it’s my favorite game so I expect to be able to play it. Why is it doing this? I have no problem with any of my other games so I don’t see how it would be my PlayStation. Please help!

Message 136 of 206 (164 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to give an update in case it might help someone else in the future. I was able to fix my problem. It turned out the Autosave File was corrupt. Which kind of makes sense, because the game would mostly crash when I was exiting CAS, exiting Build Mode or if I had been playing for awhile. Probably times that the game triggers an autosave. Anyway, I went into the Saved Data Management setting on the PS4, deleted the Autosave File, restarted the PS4, and it hasn’t crashed and/or given me the error code since. :-) Hope that helps someone else! I know how incredibly frustrating it was! 

Message 137 of 206 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Oh, I almost forgot to say, that I did follow another user’s advice and went through the Rebuild Database steps on the PS4  - which sounds scary but was actually super easy. The game continued to crash after that though, so it was deleting the corrupted Autosave File that finally worked for me. 

Message 138 of 206 (273 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 constantly crashing (PS4)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, discover university, Tiny living, backyard stuff, spooky stuff, get famous, spa day, perfect patio, vintage glamour, movie hangout, bowling night, fitness stuff, romantic garden, get together, outdoor retreat, luxury party, cool kitchen, city living, kids room, seasons, dine out, laundry day, parenthood, cats & dogs, toddler stuff, get to work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game? There doesn’t seem to be a specific thing that causes it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes and I lose all progress.
What do you expect to see? For it not to crash every 10 minutes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent updates and fixes for console. Not sure of the exact dates.

I am at my wits end with this. It makes me want to throw in the towel with this game. It’s never worked really well on console but I learned to live with the permanent annoyances. But this is just too much. It crashes at any given moment. It’s never for any specific reason. It even crashes when I try to save because I know it’s only a matter of time before it happens again. All weekend long I have done everything I can. My console and game are all up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, Uninstalled all packs and reinstalled, I did a few things to my ps4 to make sure it’s working properly. Sims 4 is the only game this happens with. Literally nothing fixed it. I hope this isn’t also a permanent issue because I’ve spent hundreds on this game. This is just honestly ridiculous and infuriating. I’m so scared to play it now because of how much it crashes and there’s a good chance my save will corrupt. 

Message 139 of 206 (526 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 constantly crashing (PS4)

Champion

@TrusttLove  There is a thread here on this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

Please read through the marked post as there is a lot of information there.

Message 140 of 206 (469 Views)
Twitter Stream