Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashes on PS4 each time sims travel to another lot

Hero
@manolobeach Moved your post to the console tech forum so someone here can help you troubleshoot this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 377 (2,668 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@manolobeach if you haven't yet uninstalled and reinstalled the game, you can try that. You may have a corrupted file in your game that needs to be fixed. 

Message 22 of 377 (5,524 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you! I’ve wanted to avoid that because so many people have said that uninstalling and reinstalling hasn’t helped with crashing problems...I have no choice but to try it as the last resort 😔...I wonder if anyone has tried an external hard drive and if it helped or if switching to PS4 pro would help. It would make no sense to even get Discover University if I can’t travel or play more then  15 minutes.

Message 23 of 377 (5,416 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I'm wondering if your solution might help my own posted. If you have done the uninstall solution, did it delete any packs you already have too? I'm worried if I try this I'll lose all my packs too. 

Message 24 of 377 (5,407 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@manolobeach  I have a regular PS4 but I do have a new hard drive. I have only experienced crashes every now and then, and usually a console shut down and restart stops most issues. 

Does the crashing occur on a new save? If it does then try reinstalling the game, but it if doesn't happen on a new save, you may just have a corrupted save file. 

Message 25 of 377 (5,376 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My game has also been crashing before and since the update. Super frustrating I hope this gets figured out ASAP

Message 26 of 377 (5,349 Views)

★★ Novice

Since a couple of days ago - I think since the last update - my game is not loading as quick as it just to do. Also I can travel without crashing but it takes way longer than before the update. My game “crashes” way more often, so I feel you. I do hope they fix it soon because it is getting really annoying to play rn. *pls do not mind my English, it isn’t that good, but i’m doing the best I can.

Message 27 of 377 (5,322 Views)

★ Guide

Yep...still occurs in new saves and I even tried an old save from March when I had no crashing issues and it still crashes. I’m holding off on the reinstall cause I don’t want to lose my sims/progress and have not been able to save to the PS4 cloud cause it will take hours with my connection So I’m trying to figure that out...and seeing other people trying and failing to stop crashing after a reinstall scares me tbh. I noticed that the after the update, the crashing is immediate when exiting build/buy and after taking pictures. I’m able to play for a while with just the travel crashing if I don’t  take pictures or go into build/buy when playing with a household. 

Message 28 of 377 (5,300 Views)
Highlighted

Message 29 of 377 (5,284 Views)

traveling and cas causing crashes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? vampires, city living, dine out, romantic garden, cook kitchen, get to work, toddler, backyard, kids room, parenthood, get together, spooky, seasons, cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, laundry day, movie hangout, jungle adventure, bowling, spa day, get famous, strangerville, realm of magic, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on phone in live mode and hit travel or visit through maps
What happens when the bug occurs? it continues to load for awile 1-10mins then crashes
What do you expect to see? i expect the load to finish another lot to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. sometime between adding laundry day, movie hangout, jungle adventure,(3/12/19) and strangerville (5/21/19)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? vampires, city living, dine out, romantic garden, cook kitchen, get to work, toddler, backyard, kids room, parenthood, get together, spooky, seasons, cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, laundry day, movie hangout, jungle adventure, bowling, spa day, get famous, strangerville, realm of magic, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on phone in live mode and hit travel or visit through maps
What happens when the bug occurs? it continues to load for awile 1-10mins then crashes
What do you expect to see? i expect the load to finish another lot to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. sometime between adding laundry day, movie hangout, jungle adventure,(3/12/19) and strangerville (5/21/19)

Message 30 of 377 (4,878 Views)