Re: Sims 4 crashes every time I play it.(PS4)

by turtle_elite2029

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My game has been crashing at each loading screen especially each time sims travel since July...this problem was NOT fixed in the new update although I’ve seen tons of people reporting it.  Now, my game is crashing 15-20 minutes into gameplay for no reason after downloading today’s update, during normal gameplay.  Please fix this. My patience is wearing thin because I could barely tolerate the travel crashing and now the game just crashes while playing has made it completely unplayable at this point. I’ve already power cycled my console and rebuilt the Database. I have no idea what else to do. Please help!

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added console tags and adjusted title. 

Message 21 of 377 (13,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as Accepted Solution for visibility purposes

Hi folks, 

Thank you for your reports on the crashes you've experienced. There's been a lot of advice shared in this thread. I've gathered it here (and will continue too) and pinned it to the top of the thread purely to help you see and find these steps quicker. Please give them a go and let us know how you get on either way. Heart

A quick heads up, you may notice your post has been moved here. I've merged a number of threads in with this master thread to help keep information and troubleshooting on this in the one space.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this,

- EA_Lanna

My Game is crashing. What can I try?

@PoptartJuniper has complied and shared some troubleshooting steps >>here<< to help limit the crashes. I've shared the steps under the spoiler tag as well, just click to expand. Standard smile Please try these steps as they may help with the crashes you're experiencing. 

Spoiler

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

This is the most recent tweet on this issue. Please check it out and see if you have a save to share! PS4 users can share saves with the team. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-ERROR-CE-34878-0/m-p/9057153/highlight/tr...

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1226887705318944771

Share your saves! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-crashes-on-PS4-each-time-sims-travel-to-a...

Tweet for Save Sharing https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1227741443948564481 

@manolobeach  Are you receiving an error code? Also, the PS4 had a system software update just after the Sims updated. Please make sure you have that update installed. I would not rely on the PS4s auto update. Check it manually.

@ohh_dee7  That error is a general error for PS4 and has nothing to do with the Sims game specifically. If you don't wish to do any troubleshooting for your system, then no one can help you. If you change your mind, I will supply a list of troubleshooting steps that you can follow. Or read the link I supplied to the error you are receiving. The same steps will be available there.

@jjorinde95  @Tigerrun777 

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

User @KEW0701 Had luck deleting their autosave file and restarting their console. See Comment Here.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

I'm getting the error code "CE-34878-0" when I crash!

For members seeing this Error Code "CE-34878-0", these specific steps may help from @PoptartJuniper. Click the spoiler tag directly below to view them. If that error message continues to pop up after trying the troubleshooting, please 'Report Problem' on PlayStation as @SimQARobo advised >>here<<. @SimGuruNick also asked if simmers could share a save with him via DM's (I'll share how further on in the next section).

Spoiler

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

If the crash is happening with the error code more than one time, there are a few troubleshooting steps for your specific Error Code. I would suggest checking all updates manually and not relying on the auto update on your PS4. Go through the steps one at a time and see if the game stops crashing after each step.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

• Put the original Hard drive back in if you have replaced it. 

6. If none of the above has helped with this error code, the next step is to contact Sony Playstation Support

I've tried the troubleshooting steps, but the crashes continue. 

Please send on a DM to @SimGuruNick sharing a save as asked >>here<<. Follow the steps in this guide "[INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team" (or read the next spoiler tag) to gather and attach your save in your message. 

Sims saves.jpg

Spoiler

@SimQARobo wrote:

Occasionally it is useful for The Sims 4 team to collect user files (saves, videos, exception logs, etc.) in order to investigate issues.

These are the ways that you can share user files and media with The Sims 4 team:

(Note: These methods may have different file size restrictions. OneDrive or Google Drive is recommended for larger files. If you use OneDrive or Google Driveplease include your user name and a brief summary of the issue, so that we can identify it.)

PC/Mac:

• Direct attachment (only for text files)
    • You can attach a text file directly to a forum post.
  • Upload with a OneDrive account
    • How to upload files to OneDrive: LINK
    • How to share files from OneDrive: LINK
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.
  • Upload with a Google Drive account
    • How to upload files to Google Drive: LINK
    • How to share files from Google Drive: LINK
    • Click “Get shareable link”
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.

Most PC/Mac files that we request will be located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ .  For example, game saves for The Sims 4 are located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\ .

Xbox One (videos and screenshots only):

• Upload directly from Xbox One to OneDrive
    • How to record a video or capture a screenshot in Xbox One: LINK
    • Choose the option “Upload to OneDrive”

PlayStation 4:

There are two ways to share PS4 files with us –

A) Upload directly from PS4 to social media channels (for videos and screenshots only)

• How to record a video or capture a screenshot and upload it to social media (Twitter, YouTube, etc.: LINK 
  • The resulting link can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.

OR

B) Upload files from a PC or Mac using a USB storage device (for videos, screenshots, or save files)

• Step 1: Format a USB storage device to FAT32 or exFAT using a Mac or PC.  (Note: Do not format to NTFS; that format is currently not supported by PS4)  
    • How to format a USB storage device: LINK
  • Step 2: Copy the files to the USB storage device
    • For save files:
      • How to copy your save data onto a USB storage device: LINK
    • For videos or screenshots:
      • How to record a video or capture a screenshot and copy it to a USB storage device: LINK
  • Step 3: Transfer the files from the USB storage device to a computer
  • Step 4: Upload the files to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive and share the download link
    • How to upload to Microsoft OneDrive with a OneDrive account:
      • How to upload files using OneDrive: LINK
      • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.  Please mention the names of the saves that are affected. 
    • Upload to Google Drive using a computer with a Google Drive account
      • How to upload files to Google Drive: LINK
      • How to share files from Google Drive: LINK
      • Click “Get shareable link”
      • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.  Please mention the names of the saves that are affected. 

We may not accept files uploaded with any other means.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 207 of 377 (13,724 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 crashes every time I play it.(PS4)

★★ Novice

I spent over $100 on Sims 4 and expansion packs, and the game crashes or freezes every single time I play it. Since I can't ask for a refund, I want to know what you're going to do to fix it. It's pretty annoying.

Message 1 of 377 (13,964 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @barrysoetero,

Welcome to the forums!

Have you already tried to reinstall the game to make sure no files were installed wrong and causing issues?

Is the game crashing when you do something specific, or randomly?

-Mai
Message 2 of 377 (13,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine keeps freezing and has crashed . I play ps4 though.
Message 3 of 377 (13,817 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Xsdarkangel226,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

Same issue, same questions apply Standard smile Have you reinstalled? Does it happen when you do something specific in the game, or is it crashing apparently randomly?

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 4 of 377 (13,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ps4. Bought sims 4 and the bundle that has 3 packs with city living, vampires, and another expansion. It's been pretty much been played non stop since we downloaded it on December 26th or 27th. My girlfriend played for probably 15 hours the first day, then I played for about 15 hours. No issues at all the whole time. She had a character she created and played with her. I built a house, created my SIM, added her SIM to mine and added a pre-created SIM from the game into my file. Even got an existing sim(Rebecca goth) to my household. So I have 4 characters I am playing. No issues. I went to work and my girlfriend was playing last night. Game was crashing every 5 minutes so she stopped. I got on the ps4 when I got home and found out I had a system update waiting to install so I installed it. After it installed I checked for a system update and a sims 4 update. Both up to date. I just got on about an hour ago. Crashed 6 times. My girlfriend created 2 houses, each with 6 sims in them. While trying to add my house and household to her game, her one house got deleted since it wasn't manually saved by her. So I tried to add a premade house to a vacant lot(her while town is vacant except her house). It loads and freezes just as it's trying to close the window to go back to showing the world. Tried this 5 times, crashes every time. It worked almost flawlessly for 30+ hours and now isn't playable. It also crashes truing to load a save file to play. Tried build mode too. Still crashes. Pretty much the menus are where it doesn't crash. Once the system has to load anything, it crashes.
Message 5 of 377 (13,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. Played for a long time the first day I downloaded the game, now I'm lucky to be able to play for an hour before it crashes.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, checked for updates for both the game and my console, everything is fine. Game just keeps crashing. I've never had a game crash this often and it's becoming unplayable.
Message 6 of 377 (13,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I got on my save file and it's working fine. It's just when I try to put a house from the library on an empty lot whether it's a premade or one I made. But my girlfriend said hers was unplayable and froze every few minutes. I have been playing for about 6 hours now with no crashing. I have 4 sims in my house and stay at home. My girlfriend has 6 but travels with her sims. Btw we also are playing with cheats enabled.
Message 7 of 377 (13,726 Views)

★★★ Novice
When i try to connect myself on sims 4 on ps4 I have the same issue it happens to me every 5 min to... It sent me an error code CE-34878-0 saying my game or my systeme is not updated but everything is updated i have the lastest version < 1.3.27.3400 (32 bits) > .... and let me tell you when you spent over 100$ on a game and you're not able to play its so frustrating so i hope someone could be able to help us with that
Message 8 of 377 (13,691 Views)

★ Novice

Use full speed only when you are sleeping or beeing at work. In other cases use next-to-last.

Message 9 of 377 (13,638 Views)