Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Can't Upload to or Download From Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v 1.21 the install notification says. Downloaded update released today, Jan 16. PS4 says this is latest update.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the following: no Laundry Stuff, no Bowling stuff, no Moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to download something from the gallery or attempt to upload on a PS4.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't upload to gallery - The 'Cloud' icon that's supposed to display at bottom left does not, only option is trash can Can't download - When viewing a creation in Gallery the download button is greyed out. Hover over it displays following text: Cannot place content because it was created with a newer vesrion of the game. Restart your game to check for updates." I have restarted. I have closed and restarted the game. I have checked for updates multiple times and everything says it is the latest. The Gallery is also not allowing uploads or downloads (see other issue I entered: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Can-t-Upload-to-or-Download-From-Gallery/m-p/8652637#M1199...) Note that I also reported the following issue as well, involving the 'by:' on all my creations in My Library being blank and not being able to filter: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-Library-on-PS4-Mine-Button-Not-Filtering-For-My-Creations-B...
What do you expect to see? The upload button. And downloads should be allowed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent one as of 6:46 PM, Pacific Standard Time, on January 16 2020.

((Nothing additional to add. 'Submit' button will not display unless something is typed in this field.))

Message 4 of 48 (12,964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 Can't Upload to or Download From Gallery

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @gamehen9@catloverplayer ,

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Some info:

@gamehen9 wrote:

Can't upload to gallery - The 'Cloud' icon that's supposed to display at bottom left does not, only option is trash can

Other players have reported having issues to upload content as well, and The Sims team is already looking into it.

A possible workaround, if you want to try:

• If it's a lot or room, you can try placing it in the world, making a small edit and saving it to your Library again. Then check if you can upload the item you just saved.
  • If it's a Sim, load them in Create A Sim, and try to save them again to your Library. Then check if you can upload the item you just saved.

@gamehen9 wrote:

Can't download - When viewing a creation in Gallery the download button is greyed out. Hover over it displays following text: Cannot place content because it was created with a newer vesrion of the game.

Does it happen with items that were uploaded before yesterday as well?

PC/Mac players received an update yesterday that is not available on console yet, so the content they have uploaded to the Gallery since updating yesterday is not downloadable on console yet. You can 'like' that content to save it for a later download.

You should be able to download any content older than January 16th - try to filter by 'Most popular' instead of 'Newest' to find some awesim content Wink

View in thread

Message 17 of 48 (14,670 Views)

All Replies

Issue with creation ownership and uploading in the Gallery on Xbox 1

★★★★★ Novice

I know the Gallery is currently experiencing server issues. This is not in regards to that. 

My creations in My Library are not showing up in the "Mine" option under "View Content By:". Instead it's in the "Others" option. When I click on one of my creations in "Others" it states "By: -" instead of my EA or XB1 gamertag.

SimGuruLegacy suggested to place the lot in the world then upload it to The Gallery. Because of server issues I decided to save it to My Library instead.

It's is still listed under the "Others" option instead of "Mine" and the text is black instead of blue. When I click on that creation it's states "By: jackRA88iTx" in black, but under that it states "Original By: -" in blue with the "-" being red. 

I've also noticed creations under "Mine" are only a very recent creation from 01/09/2020. Listed properly as "By: jackRA88iTx" in its respective colors. All my other creations from last year, 2019 are under "Others" with "By: -"

Message 1 of 48 (12,372 Views)

Re: Issue with creation ownership and uploading in the Gallery on Xbox 1

★★★★★ Novice

I also tried to place the lot and make a small edit then save to My Library. This still yields the same results.

This issue doesn't seem to effect recent Saves to My Library prior to the Gallery update. Text is blue and credit is mine. But, any new Saves to My Library highlights my ID and Lot name in black under the "Mine" content, but original credit is given to me. 

Message 2 of 48 (12,346 Views)

Re: Issue with creation ownership and uploading in the Gallery on Xbox 1

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jackRA88iTx  I only have a link to a tweet about them looking into issues. You can see if there's any helpful info there. I'd give a little time for them to iron out any glitches. Some issues are to be expected at first. 

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1217926013667037184

Edit: This was also just posted. Looks like it is a bug. https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1217976025893593088

Message 3 of 48 (12,317 Views)

Xbox one x online gallery not letting me add to my library

★ Novice

So I tried redownloading but it still says that the households on the gallery were made on a newer version of the game. I have my search filtered for the packs I own. So I don't understand what's going on. I was able to get a lot. But when I get to households it just won't work the add button is greyed out so I can't even ignore it. 

Message 5 of 48 (12,688 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. I don't see a way to upload my console sims or lots. There is a workaround though. Taking said sims into CAS will let you upload them. With lots you don't have the CAS option so your out in the cold there. PS4 also.

Message 6 of 48 (12,876 Views)

★★ Guide
@catloverplayer Oh I can download from pc fine I just can't upload from the consoles.
Message 7 of 48 (12,869 Views)

I can't download lots from Gallery

★★★★★ Apprentice

Some lots in Gallery will not let me download them it says they have the newere version please restart game which I have done but the error still comes up.

Message 8 of 48 (12,799 Views)

Hero
@gamehen9 Moving this to the console forum for troubleshooting. As they gallery was wonky yesterday (don't know what the current status is), this might just be a temp issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 48 (12,814 Views)

Re: I can't download lots from Gallery

★★★ Pro

It's because they contain custom content and you can't use cc on consoles.

Message 10 of 48 (12,782 Views)