Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Adjust Margin Feature Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Content, City Living Expansion, Vampires Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the Game Options menu, choose other, and find no option to adjust margins as stated by EA_Mai that should be there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't change the size of the margins on the PS4 version of the game
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option to adjust the margins of my game screen to fit my TV. I would like to have the UI at the edges instead of cutting down the view size of my game.and appearing about an inch to an inch and half away from the edge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I play on a 49" Sony Bravia TV and would love to have the option to adjust my margins. From other threads I have read in these forums it appears that Xbox One has this feature, but it seems PS4 does not.

I am playing the game with a retail Deluxe Edition version purchased in North America.

Message 4 of 10 (20,306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Adjust Margin Feature Missing

★★ Guide

Sony doesn't use screen resizing in games like Microsoft does. Instead, from the PlayStation 4 home screen go to Settings> Sound and Screen> Display Area Settings

From there, set the screen size for your console to use. The Sims 4 uses those settings to place the UI elements.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (24,891 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 PS4 Adjust margins not an option

★ Novice
Hi there, I’m having a problem with the ui not being scaled to my tv size, I’ve tried using a different tv and have gotten the same results. I’ve also read other threads explaining that there is an option under Game Options > Other > Adjust margins, but the option doesn’t appear to be there, unless I’m super blind haha. I have also tried reinstalling the game, but still no option to adjust margins
Message 1 of 10 (20,294 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Adjust margins not an option

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Holy hell that's weird. You are on the right settings page but the setting isn't there. I have no idea what to say about that. 

What region are you in and what's the resolution size of your t.v.?  (I have no idea why either of those would be an issue.. they are just the only questions I can think to ask.)  :P

Message 2 of 10 (20,272 Views)

★ Novice
My tv is 42inchs, 1024x768 resolution and has an aspect ratio of 16:9. I purchased the game retail and I live in Australia :D. I also tried on a 50 Inch plasma and a 24 inch monitor with same results :/
I might just have to wait for a patch.
Message 3 of 10 (20,259 Views)

★ Novice
Same as mine, there's no Adjust Margin options and my copy is Region 3.
Message 5 of 10 (20,210 Views)

★★ Guide

Sony doesn't use screen resizing in games like Microsoft does. Instead, from the PlayStation 4 home screen go to Settings> Sound and Screen> Display Area Settings

From there, set the screen size for your console to use. The Sims 4 uses those settings to place the UI elements.

Message 6 of 10 (24,892 Views)

EA app Team

My bad, sorry for causing confusion! @Bazajaytee is right, thanks for the explanation, some XP for you! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 7 of 10 (20,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Your not helping that doesn’t work at all. Ajusting the ps4 settings don’t work
Message 8 of 10 (18,999 Views)

★ Novice
Did you EVER get this fixed? After playing it since January my screen has ‘shrunk’ like this over the past 2 days! I’m gutted because I can’t find a fix.
Message 9 of 10 (16,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Actually just did it a few seconds ago. They are correct it does work.

Message 10 of 10 (15,256 Views)