[PS4/5] Cottage Living - downloaded but not available in game

by LuBearfriend

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 expansion packs are not working on Xbox

Hero (Retired)

@simsplayer818 A help thread for common download and DLC issues is here: [Read First]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues

If your packs have disappeared, it's usually because the purchasing account is no longer on your console or your console is not set to home on the purchasing account. All this is covered in the above linked thread.

Message 21 of 334 (3,190 Views)

Champion
@PoptartJuniper Thanks for replying, I'd already checked that console feed before posting. Just like with save error 22 none of the fixes and tips here work. I'm starting to think is it my console specifically causing the problems but all I use it for is Sims and it's 3 years old. It's saying the pack is corrupted and won't install again. I'm going to try Microsoft support again. Cheers anyway
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 22 of 334 (3,179 Views)

Champion
@simsplayer818 In addition to this, after logging on again today I've lost 6 more packs that will now not download again.
Message 23 of 334 (3,173 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@simsplayer818 If your hard drive is bad there may not be room for the packs. You'd have to contact Xbox support for that.
Message 24 of 334 (3,162 Views)

Champion
@PoptartJuniper Spent all afternoon on the phone to Microsoft support. Luckily got someone really helpful. Had to to a full reset and remove everything from my console on his advice as nothing else we tried worked. I'm now halfway through reinstalling Base game plus my 33 expansion packs and he's ringing back tomorrow to check I got it all back. So far it's working and the lost packs are back.
Message 25 of 334 (3,145 Views)

Champion
@simsplayer818 This has now worked. Microsoft support told me to do a full console reset on my Xbox One S, remove everything. Then I set up my console again, applied my settings automatically and had the arduous task of installing everything again, base game plus 33 packs (showed up in my games and apps so didn't have to go via the store) which took 8 hours in a rural area with fluctuating broadband speeds. Luckily I only have the Sims on my console. Every pack installed again with no hiccups. It did a data synch (which wouldn't work before) as I loaded up my game and my game saves were back when they were missing before. This worked for me anyway.
Really helpful Microsoft support, first person hung up on me. He's rung 3 times to check progress and is giving me a call again later to check again. It's taken 12 hours of hassle and I really wish they'd do something about the stability of this game before they bring out shiny new content. I also think I need a more powerful console now it's so big.
Message 26 of 334 (3,117 Views)

Cats and dogs and my first pets won’t show up in downloads

★★★ Newbie

I had just bought a bundle of cats and dogs and my first pet. I play on Xbox one. It says in the game that I own it and on the App Store that I own it but it won’t show up in my downloads to download them. I don’t know what to do. Send help.

Message 27 of 334 (2,681 Views)

Re: Cats and dogs and my first pets won’t show up in downloads

Hero (Retired)

@AimlessLlama311 You have to download the packs from your owned content from your console library.

A help thread for common download and DLC issues is here: [Read First]FAQ - Sims 4 Console DLC Issues

Message 28 of 334 (2,655 Views)

[PS4/5] Cottage Living - downloaded but not available in game

★★★ Newbie

hello friends!

I have a problem with the latest DLC. I'm on PS5, playing the PS4 version on Sims 4.

I pre-ordered Cottage Living, downloaded it this morning, but nothing is available in game. When I check on "Packs" in the main menu, at Cottage Living it says "download to use". But when I check my console storage I see it's downloaded already.

I power-cycled my console, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, I restored licenses. Sadly, none of these have worked Frown

Message 29 of 334 (8,004 Views)

Re: [PS4/5] Cottage Living - downloaded but not available in game

★★★★★ Novice

I’m on Xbox one and preordered the expansion pack. Mine says it’s not available to play until 1pm when it officially comes out. 

Message 30 of 334 (7,933 Views)