[PS4] Crashing During Travel, Save the Game, Exiting CAS/Build Mode Patch 1.37

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Crashing During Travel, Save the Game, Exiting CAS/Build Mode Patch 1.37

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

A now patched bug was introduced with Seasons in November 2020, please make sure you aren't affected by this older issue first [Fixed][PS4] Sims 4 Freezing/Random Crashing Endless Loading.

For All other issues please see this thread [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes

These crashes are not reproducible crashes, they happen without warning and at different times during gameplay. The issue is a memory issue that was patched for PS but after adding a few more packs and patches it seems to be occurring again. Please share your saves as requested here: Save Request Post 

This issue is most common with:

• Original PlayStation Consoles
  • Owning a lot of packs
  • Very old Saves
  • Saves with lots of played households
  • Lots of items in builds, including the use of lots of different packs in builds
  • Lots of Sims in relationship panels of played sims because of lack of game relationship culling (Think friend of the world on a sim without aging on, etc.)
  • The use of large lots (50x50, 64x64)

Deleting everything from sim and household inventories for all played sims may help with the crashing.

Saving your played sims and households/houses to the library and placing them down in a new save may help with the crashing.

A help thread with more ideas that may help to reduce crashing is here Autonomy and Simulation Lag 

These crashes can happen randomly, and are not reproducible. Please always submit a video, a note and a crash report when the game crashes using the PS4 Report Tool on your console.

If the crash is specific, you can reproduce it, or it comes with a specific error code like 102, 122, 134, etc (CE-34878-0 is not a specific error code) please post a bug report in the bug forums.

The following is general troubleshooting for the PS4.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

Spoiler
  • Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

Spoiler
  • Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

Spoiler

Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

Select a game or application.

Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 6 of 98 (6,413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Packs are causing game to crash

Community Manager

Hey all,

This issue was resolved in Patch 1.70.

Please be sure to fully close and update your game- if you're still having crashing issues once your game is fully updated, please create a new thread here so we can investigate further.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 98 of 98 (1,307 Views)

All Replies

Still crashing exiting bb cas and travelling on ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Even afer the patch last year to solve the memory issue on ps4 my game still crashes exiting bb cas and travelling its not all the time it seems to happen after a couple of hours playing its nothing to with lot sizes either it happened to me on a half empty small lot 

Message 1 of 98 (6,437 Views)

Re: Still crashing exiting bb cas and travelling on ps4

Hero (Retired)
@mumofharry They've added two packs since the last memory patch for PS4. It's entirely possible that the issue is present again on PS4.
Message 2 of 98 (6,420 Views)

Ps4 sims 4 crash via live mode play

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle Nifty knitting Star wars journey to batuu Outdoor retreat Backyard stuff Perfect patio stuff Movie hangout stuff Luxury party stuff Seasons Jungle adventure Realm of magic Spooky stuff Get famous Vampires City living Moschino stuff Strangerville Romantic garden stuff Spa day Fitness stuff Discover university Bowling night stuff Get together Laundry day stuff Vintage glamour stuff Kids room stuff Tiny living My first pet stuff Cool kitchen stuff Dine out Get to work Cats & dogs Parenthood Toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just want to play my game on live mode in peace with no crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? I usually play on a lot of 8 people. The lot is an apartment complex. Everyone has their own needs, jobs etc. When I first log in 4 of them have to work at the same time. So when I send them I quickly switch to another sim to do other needs and then that's when the crash happens
What do you expect to see? I expect to fill all my sims needs without any crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I usually play on a lot of 8 people. The lot is an apartment complex. Everyone has their own needs, jobs etc. When I first log in 4 of them have to work at the same time. So when I send them I quickly switch to another  to do other needs and then that's when the crash happens

Message 3 of 98 (6,233 Views)

Re: Ps4 sims 4 crash via live mode play

Hero (Retired)
@Mi_chiamo_Saul Can you try moving them to a smaller lot to see if the crash still happens?
Message 4 of 98 (6,208 Views)

Re: [Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

★★★ Novice

It's happening on the ps4 aswell. Build mode/traveling randomly crashes game. Patch 1.37

Message 5 of 98 (6,442 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Data_0003 I've merged your post into the PS thread for this issue.
Message 7 of 98 (6,416 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I'm sorry if I posted in wrong spot. Thank you for doing that.
Message 8 of 98 (6,390 Views)

Re: [PS] Crashing During Travel, Save the Game, Exiting CAS/Build Mode Patch 1.3

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I'm unsure but I think I can reproduce this crash in my game. I load a 20x30 lot on the Isle in Windenburg that has 300+kb home on it with I think every pack used & as soon as I try to enter & exit Build/Buy I appear to have a crash. Sometimes the crash is on the enter BB sometimes the crash on the exit. But the crash is inevitable.

I'm currently turning my PS4 off & doing a hard restart of the console & rebuilding the database. I have a PS4 Pro but could test on 3 other consoles if I had to.

Do any Sim Guru's want me to upload my save for them to see?

Should I be making a bug report?
Message 9 of 98 (6,342 Views)

Re: [PS] Crashing During Travel, Save the Game, Exiting CAS/Build Mode Patch 1.3

★★★★★ Guide

My game is getting worse it used to crash after a couple of hours playing now not even 30 minutes it even crashes try to place a new lot does anyone know if gurus even know about the issue do they ever come on here

Message 10 of 98 (6,331 Views)