Re: Can’t replace/remove lot-game crash

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

★★★★★ Guide
@Data_0003 I love playing on ps4 but the crashing is making it unplayable im hoping to get a ps5 but scared it will have the same problem
Message 21 of 98 (1,409 Views)

Re: [Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

★★★ Novice
@mumofharry The crashing is annoying. What has helped with that, is when it crashes. Restart your ps4 then try playing. I can't wait to to play this on the ps5. Hoping the better hardware makes the game run better.
Message 22 of 98 (1,398 Views)

Can’t replace/remove lot-game crash

★★ Novice

I downloaded one lot from the gallery and the game crashes every time I try to access/replace it with a different one. It is 64x64 IKEA shop and I really want to get the lot back. Is there any chance to remove this place without uninstalling the game? I play on PS4

Message 23 of 98 (1,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@wieReshka I've merged your post into the memory crash thread. The lot is probably too large and too full of stuff from different packs. You can try placing the lot empty and redecorating it yourself if you want to use the lot.

Edit: I see you already placed the lot. You can try going to manage worlds and into build mode and bulldozing the lot, or if it is a residence, move the sims out of it and have them sell everything on the lot. If sims own the lot, have them sell the business and then try bulldozing the lot.

Message 24 of 98 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone know if i would still get the same problem on ps5 i don't want to waste money getting one if it dosent help

Message 25 of 98 (1,325 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@mumofharry I have a PS5 and don't have this crashing issue. Not to derail the thread, but the load times are also amazing. As in, 20 seconds to load the game from start to household vs 6-10 minutes.
Message 26 of 98 (1,322 Views)

stuck on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

I play on console (ps4) and I decided to get my sim to go on a date but for some reason the loading into the location I picked is stuck. the plumbob is still turning however the tips aren’t changing. i’ve spent hours on the game today and made so much progress, i’d love to be able to fix this without having to shut down the game and lose my progress but i have low hope that that’s possible at this point:/ please help

Message 27 of 98 (1,156 Views)

Re: stuck on loading screen

Hero (Retired)

@myduckcult I've merged your post into the current thread for issues on loading screens/travel. Please read the first post, and share your save if you can

Message 28 of 98 (1,129 Views)

Re: stuck on loading screen

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone know if this is being looked into my game is terrible i can't believe things like this aren't made a priority its been over a year for xbox and though they patched it on ps4 its happening again was hoping to get a ps5 just to play sims but looks like they cant play at all dosent ea or maxis care about console players im sure if it was pc we wouldn't be here a year later

Message 29 of 98 (1,101 Views)

Game crashing more than ever!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.40
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All including the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game travel and go to build and buy
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will no longer allow me to toggle between floors next the walls will not go between up halfway and down then if I try to travel the game will crash Or just stand still and not allow me to do anything further while screen is frozen
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game without it crashing or freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last 2 patches ruined my gameplay it was great after winter retreat then the updates after that one toweled up my game. Please Take note before we got winter retreat the game was unplayable as well once whatever update came with winter retreat happened I was able to play my game with no problem.

I do not have the files but PlayStation does I attached the errors screen so you can see how often this happens this is just one page this goes all the way back to before the beginning of the year

Message 30 of 98 (1,044 Views)