by CrypticKam

Original Post

[XB1] Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Ep04.1assets.live-ep04.128
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? According to your forums xbox one doesn't allow sharing of saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing my created households. But when I EA created households this doesn't happen. Crashes to black and then to xbox home screen no error code given.
What do you expect to see? I expect to play my created households that I created and built with items provided with your expansion packs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After purchasing the cats and dogs expansion packs and stuff packs.

This started when I was below 80 sim households. I done all of the troubleshooting methods. I even deleted my saved game and started fresh. Hopefully this get fixed soon it is starting to make the game unplayable and is taking the desire to play away.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 151 of 666 (1,207 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Xbox One 8/1/2020

Hero (Retired)

@EricaMims2020 @CrypticKam This is not a bug report post. Please refer to this thread for issues, or report in the bug forums. A thread here covering current issues is available [Read First][Current Issue] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.29 (July 23 Update)

Message 152 of 666 (1,475 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★ Guide

I now have 2 of my main houses that won't load. I crash to my Xbox home screen every time. Family #1 has a home lot file size of 573 kb and a family size of 657 kb according to the gallery.  Family #2 has a home lot file size of 6 mb and a family size of 145 kb. Not sure how that lot file got so big. Anyway, it was completely playable 2 months ago with zero problems. Now it will not load. My gallery has been cleaned up.  Tons of Maxis files removed. When will my game stop crashing while traveling? When will my lots be playable again?  We've been waiting for a fix way too long! 

I've done all the steps you recommended and it did not help at all. This IS an EA issue that needs to be addressed. 

Message 153 of 666 (779 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★ Guide

IMPORTANT UPDATE 

I have 2 Xboxes in my house. The one I play Sims on is an Xbox One S and this one is having terrible issues playing the game.  As stated above it won't load 2 of my houses. I figured I'd load all the Sims packs on my other Xbox and try it. This one is an Xbox One X. It loads everything without a crash so far. I can actually play my game like it should be played. Figured I should share this information. Performance wise my S is not handling it but my X is. My plans are to get the new Xbox when it comes out soon so the performance on that is like a gaming PC. The Sims game requires a lot of your machine. 

Message 154 of 666 (1,159 Views)

Sims4 on xbox crashes during save if build mode is used

★★★★ Novice

The past few days I discovered I can no longer use buid mode if I want to save my game.  Every time I save either in build mode or in live mode after I was in build mode the save crashes my game.  If I never use build mode the save works just fine.  I think there was an update after nifty knitting came out and since then I've had this problem.

I have al packs except eco living, spa, & dining out. xbox.

Message 155 of 666 (1,143 Views)

Re: Sims4 on xbox crashes during save if build mode is used

★ Guide
@skycrop Are you playing on Xbox One S?
Message 156 of 666 (1,103 Views)

[XB1] Game keeps cutting off in the middle of a game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The game goes back to my home screen
What do you expect to see? I try to save the game cuts off i try to change an outfit cuts off i try to travel cuts off every single thing it just cuts off..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

please help me... I really would like to play my game as much money I've spent on it 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 157 of 666 (732 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing everytime I try to save my game on Xbox

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I literally don't know what else can be done. Every other update on Xbox for the Sims 4 that comes out prevents me from playing the game. I haven't played the game in almost two months because everytime I try to save it crashes leaving everything I just done unsaved so I would have to start all the way over and that's annoying. I have all of the packs and literally all that money is wasted because I can't even play the game. Is there something I else I can do? The things that I already tried were deleting the whole game/packs and reinstalling them (DIDN'T WORK), deleted my reserved space (DIDN'T WORK), lowered the performance in the settings just to see if that would help (DIDN'T WORK). I'm all out of ideas I'm just a sims fanatic who misses playing the Sims please help me! 

Message 158 of 666 (1,073 Views)

[XB1] Crashing after installing cats and dogs and pet stuff

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What is your current game version number? sp10 1.assets.live-sp10.166
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? university, island living, get famous, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, cats and dogs, parenthood, dine out, spa day, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddler stuff, bowling night,. vintage glamour, backyard stuff, kids room, romantic garden, move hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? whilst playing the sound starts to distort and then eventually crashes the game and goes back to xbox home
What happens when the bug occurs? crashes and closes game
What do you expect to see? this not happening
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. downloaded cats and dogs and my first pet

see above

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 159 of 666 (725 Views)

Re: I Keep Getting Kicked off of The Sims 4 Randomly (console)

★★★ Novice

For me the game just closes. No error message or any warning. I'm playing on my Xbox one. It happens more often when exiting build mode or when i go to change a sim. This is extremely frustrating. I didnt have these issues before the update that occurred on June 2020. New packs and add ons keep coming out, but i have yet to see anything that fixes this issue. I've tried restarting my game, quitting it, unistalling & reinstalling. I have every one except Eco Living. I've started the 100 baby challenge and it's extremely difficult to complete when my game just shuts down and sends me back to the Xbox home screen after 15-30 minutes of play.

Message 160 of 666 (973 Views)