Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

by JZK321

Original Post

Re: Game crashing A LOT since last update!

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately this STILL is a problem on the Xbox console. My Sims 4 was finally not crashing and running smoothly until the most recent update this month. Now AGAIN it crashes as soon as I try to save. If they could figure out which code in the updates that are causing these problems and fix it or take the code out it wouldn't be a problem for majority of all console users to get to enjoy the game without being scare of losing your progress.

Message 131 of 666 (795 Views)

Re: Game crashing A LOT since last update!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@yoyo950812 @fmedinaa I've moved your post to the current thread on this issue. Please read and do the troubleshooting in this post here XB1 Crash for Travel/Save/Build/CAS Troubleshooting. I would try deleting your autosave from your console and cloud and letting the game generate a new one. This has helped others but not everyone.

Other users have had success migrating their sims to a new save by saving everything they want to save into the library and placing them in a new game. A thread discussing this is here Very Frequent Blue Screen Crashes

PS4 users are submitting saves to the bug team to have this looked at, unfortunately only PS4 and PC users can share saves.

EA is aware of this issue and looking into it.

Message 132 of 666 (768 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I've tried them options more than once it's still not fixed as the crash is still occurring when taking photos and travelling. So it's not a new update its just the same troubleshooting methods that have been suggested since the issue was raised.
Message 133 of 666 (764 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@helenajade863 EA is aware of the issue and is looking in to it. I can not offer anything more than what has already been said.

You can migrate to a new save, moving all your sims or starting new until it can be addressed.

You may still find the crashing on new saves, it has helped some and not others.

Message 134 of 666 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please update to V1.29 on your console.

XB1 Update and Power Instructions

Spoiler

1. Turn off Your system completely

• Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  • Plug the console power cable back in.
  • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date.

• To set your console to automatically receive updates:
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
    • Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games and apps.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

• Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  • Under Updates, you’ll see:
    • Console update available. Select this button to begin your update, or
    • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.

If the crashing while travel or exiting the CAS/Build mode, or when saving and exiting still occurs please let me know.

Message 135 of 666 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper Its still crashing after update why did you think it wouldn't? It didn't say in the patch notes that it was fixed i really dont think it will be anytime soon i think console players are very neglected

Message 136 of 666 (623 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox One Constant Black screen crash unable to play

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? TheSims4_1.29.80.2300_x64__zwks512sysnyr
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Romantic Garden Stuff, Get to Work, Backyard Stuff, Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day Stuff, Get Together, Spooky Stuff, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Get Famous, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Island Living, Moschino Stuff, Realm of Magic, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? setup a character, load some things in each world. start taking care of a pet, attempt to take pet to vet. or load the world and wait 2 mins.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will immediately crash. The game will instantly stop working and screen turns black and goes right back to Xbox dashboard/main menu. (no error is produced, no explanation as to why this is happening is shown). the game just crashes and i can no longer play it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to function.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i could include a video, but all you will see is this:

the game loads,

i choose play to continue the game,
the world map loads up,
I press play to start the world i choose,
the picked area loads up,

i see buildings and all my stuff,
then i can just spin the view around (right thumb stick push to the right or left and and up down)
i do this for about 2 mins and the game will immediately crash to black and stop working and exits.
OR
i can choose to visit the vet and it will crash after it starts the moving to new area animations

basically no matter what i choose to do, the game crashes after a few minutes (no more than 5mins, no less than 2mins)

i am unable to play the game at all at this point.

Things i have tried to fix this issue:

Every "Help" thing on this forum,
I have deleted the save
I have deleted the auto save and redownloaded it from the cloud
I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it

I have completely factory reset and deleted my hard drive on my xbox and started from scratch
-installed the xbox os
-installed the game
-installed each DLC in the order that it was released for console by date (there is only 4 that i do not own at this point)

No matter what i choose to do, it will crash every time, there is no work around for this, there is no quick fix, this is a programming error somewhere that needs addressed.

the only other thing i can provide here is my console version: perhaps that is the issue in conjunction with your game
Console OS Version 10.0.19041.3980 (rs_xbox_release_2008.200721-0000) Shell Version 1.0.2007.20007

Message 137 of 666 (647 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Constant Black screen crash unable to play

Hero (Retired)
@HindeanODB This crash is happening when you try to load a family? Just when travelling?

Actually a video would be great if you can add one.
Message 138 of 666 (982 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

New Patch same Problems! The game continues to crash when traveling and exiting not only build and buy mode but CAS as well.

Message 139 of 666 (1,622 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Constant Black screen crash unable to play

Hero (Retired)

@HindeanODB I've moved your post to the current thread on this issue. Please read and do the troubleshooting in this post here XB1 Crash for Travel/Save/Build/CAS Troubleshooting. I would try deleting your autosave from your console and cloud and letting the game generate a new one. This has helped others but not everyone.

Other users have had success migrating their sims to a new save by saving everything they want to save into the library and placing them in a new game. A thread discussing this is here Very Frequent Blue Screen Crashes

PS4 users are submitting saves to the bug team to have this looked at, unfortunately only PS4 and PC users can share saves.

EA is aware of this issue and looking into it.

You did not provide any answers to my questions regarding your crash, and it sound similar to the already reported issue.

Message 140 of 666 (1,656 Views)