Re: Sims 4-crashes xbox1

by JZK321

Original Post

Re: Game Crashes Trying to Load Some Households (PS4)

★ Apprentice

Last night I was so angered at this game.

I finished working on a household in Del Sol Valley on the 20x20 Ward Park lot. Originally I tried to move someone into it, went to play it and it crashed. Tried again, it crashed.

So last night, I added it to the Library and put it on the Movers & Shakers lot in Willows Creek. Made some adjustments to it since it was a bigger lot, moved two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

Reloaded the game, move the two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

Reloaded the game, move the two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

ENOUGH EA!! When are you going to fix this???

Message 111 of 666 (1,177 Views)

[XB1] Game Crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night stuff Cats and dogs City living Discover university Get famous Get to work Island living Laundry day Outdoor retreat Parenthood Seasons Tiny living Vampires Eco lifestyle (currently not installed due to crash issue)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco lifestyle happens randomly in game play approx 20 mins into game doesn’t matter what I’m doing there will be a sudden buzzing noise then it freezes and logs out to Xbox home screen and loose all game progress to last save
What happens when the bug occurs? Loud buzzing then freeze then auto logs out to Xbox home screen
What do you expect to see? Expect game to work without making odd noises and being logged out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only happened since installed eco lifestyle does not occur when eco lifestyle is uninstalled

We are desperate for help on this as currently can’t use pack at all in game 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 112 of 666 (1,298 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game Crashes

★★★ Newbie

After a month of not being able to play after installing Eco Lifestyle, I saved my house and my household to my library and started a new save. I was able to keep my progress and simoleons but lost my inventory. Maybe this will help.

Message 113 of 666 (1,185 Views)

[XB1] Game crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? EP03:1.assets.live-ep03.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, City Living, Get to Work, Discover University, Seasons, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get Famous. Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day. Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour,Fitness, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. Play the game?? I don’t think a certain thing causes it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes when I try to save my progress. That takes me back to the Xbox home screen and I lose all progress. Game sometimes crashes for no discernible reason.
What do you expect to see? For the game not to crash when I try to save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This problem honestly makes the game unplayable, I either have to deal with the random crashes and losing progress or continuously save the game, which brings its own dangers. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 114 of 666 (1,258 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I tried all the troubleshooting and it didn't really do anything. The game would still crash in and out of build mode or the tripod. Or just when I tried to travel. But now it's crashing completely out of nowhere. And frequently too. I'll be in build mode or even live mode and it will just shut down. No drop in frame rate, no trigger. It just closes the game.

Message 115 of 666 (1,618 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox One Crashes even after recent updates

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Island Living, Seasons, Fitness, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess just make sure your game is updated ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost as soon as I load up my game, it crashes. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to when it happens
What do you expect to see? That I can play without crashes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know that the June update caused crashing etc. and that there was supposed to be a ‘hot fix’ or something but I’ve even had the July update and it’s still crashing. I didn’t notice until today because I was away for two weeks but I have tried all the advice in restarting, resetting etc. I even deleted some games off my Xbox in case it was a storage issue. I tried for an hour and no result. 

(CM: Thread title formatting adjusted)

I can’t seem to play at all. 

Message 116 of 666 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I was hoping yesterdays patch would fix the issues but mine is still crashing when travelling and also when loading household which it never did before 

Message 117 of 666 (1,575 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Crashes even after recent updates

★★★ Newbie
@LattiePattie I’m currently having this issue as well with my Xbox one. As soon I updated sims, it has been crashing randomly. Super frustrating.
Message 118 of 666 (1,109 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Crashes even after recent updates

★★★★ Novice
@Tempaluvo It’s so annoying - I’m forced to start a new game and eurgh how frustrating
Message 119 of 666 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The July Patch didn't fix the continues crashing when sims attempt to travel as well when exiting build and buy mode. This is happening in both new and old saves. WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR THIS TO BE FIXED!? This has been happening since 2018!

Message 120 of 666 (1,488 Views)