[Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by helenajade863

Original Post

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

Community Manager
Hi folks,

Can I check with you if you are also getting this issue when you try to access the clubs menu along the bottom of the screen?

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 51 of 666 (2,353 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

★ Guide

Hello so the issue is still happening when trying to play story mode travelling ect I'm not sure about the clubs as I've never tried to access these. I thought that the cheat codes were effectively causing the issues however when trying to play without cheats it does allow you to travel to a certain extent but after a short while it will crash again. I've uninstalled all the packs and tried again and again without success it's now come to the point where the game is unplayable and I feel robbed by EA. After spending so much on the packs it totals to over £300 when an issue is causing this much hassle for so many players how hasn't it been resolved yet? 

Message 52 of 666 (2,340 Views)

Re: Game Breaking Crash

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What additional information do you need?  I provided a video showing it happen, an entire thread of people explaining that the same thing happened to them (a thread you closed as solved for some strange reason), and a description of the scenario as the original post to this thread.  Please give me something specific that the team would need to know and I will do my best to provide it. 

Edit: to answer your edit question: sometimes it does but that isn’t the only thing that causes the crash, seemingly it is whenever you’re trying to leave the home lot to travel somewhere else. 

Message 53 of 666 (1,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep exact same issues everyone is explaining here. Can’t be in build mode for more than 10 minutes before a guaranteed crash and loading too many lots inevitably crashes the game too. 

Any news on a resolution?

Message 54 of 666 (2,276 Views)

[XB1] Game crashes

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Gp05: 1 assets.live-gp05.143/ 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play on xbox one.
What happens when the bug occurs? While playing screen goes to black. Without saving.
What do you expect to see? Game allowing me to play without crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I bought the cat & dog expansion.

Game crashes while playing.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 55 of 666 (2,303 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game crashes

★★ Guide

Why haven't I gotten a response anymore?

Message 56 of 666 (2,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EricaMims2020 You reported in the bug forum. If it's something that is known, those just get forwarded, sometimes QA/CM answer if they need more info.

If you need troubleshooting help with this, it's better to post in the console tech forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 666 (2,202 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @EricaMims2020,

Could you share a bit more about the crashes? When do they happen? For example, does it happen when traveling worlds, when visiting the vets, etc.

Can you also expand on what troubleshooting steps you've tried?

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 58 of 666 (2,157 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Mine often crashes when in build-buy mode and I mean quite often, I use the cheat that toggles the fps viewer I often save when the framerate dips. As I said in a prior post I am thankful the Harvestable issue has Been resolved but now we have a whole mess of other issues that need to be looked into. I've Ran into the Acting career issue where my sim won't goto work. But I have a gut feeling that EA will only release a patch with either the next free content update or the next paid one. A word to the wise from a business prospective fix the issues that are laid at your feet before your overwhelmed with more than you can handle.

Message 59 of 666 (2,172 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The MD5 error( Commonly Known as CTD -Crash to desktop-) is clearly related to the latest patch most likely the patch before the pets addon. 

Message 60 of 666 (2,167 Views)