[Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by helenajade863

Original Post

Game and audo constantly crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone newbie here. I've just downloaded sims 4 recently onto my xbox one x. The audio starts stuttering then cuts out entirely then the game crashes literally every 5 mins. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling game but no change. I don't really know what I'm doing with this. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I go to just get the game taken away and refunded as it is unplayable? When I try to go through help section of the game this is where it takes me 

Message 471 of 666 (507 Views)

Re: Game and audo constantly crashing

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @Dade956 !  It sounds like you may have downloaded an older version and need to update.  There was an audio stutter and game crashing issue that was fixed by a patch in November.  When you open the game there should be a version number listed at the bottom of the loading screen; the one with your options to start new or load game.  Per the ea.com Sims 4 site, the most recent console version is 1.36. To update, you need to open Origin.  If the game doesn't update automatically you can choose update from the game settings menu.

I guess I need to do more research before replying.  Sorry.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 472 of 666 (741 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JonaO703 Hiya. I have looked for updates and it says there are none but i will go and double check the version number today and see what it's on.
Message 473 of 666 (715 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Dade956 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 474 of 666 (705 Views)

★★ Novice
@Dade956 i have the same issues, good luck getting a refund, ive spent over £80 on the game and i dont even get a responce, they take your money and leave you with somthing compleatly unplayable =/ modern day robbery
Message 475 of 666 (681 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★ Apprentice

This isn't acceptable having to delete our saves every time EA Releases a faulty patch. The last time I remember that game ran quite well for me was september 2019 before the harvestable Bug.The Initial loading screen before the main menu shows up has gotten stupidly longer I thought it was pre-rendering at least I hoped. Traveling and Building will almost always Crash back to home that is 90% of the time. If EA listened to people and fixed these issues instead of working on more DLC they can sell use that we can't use due to these very annoying issues, But who will even buy their Expansion packs if they can't even play the damn game. I hope some developer who cares about their product and customers buys the right to The Sims because EA is doing a crap job.

Message 476 of 666 (647 Views)

Serious crash issue, please help!!

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I am a Xbox one X simmer, and have have a huge passion for the game.., and have played since first came out. But atm, I'm getting a very bad crash with my game, after 5 to 10 mins of gameplay, BANG, screen goes black and immediately takes me to Xbox home. It's seriously frustrating, as I'm unable to do much. However, I've seen this only happen when I'm in game, playing my main mansion with my Sims family, or when I go build mode, or do things to quickly during gameplay. So please ea I Need serious help my game playable again, as this huge bug happens literally everytime I try to play the Sims, and almost completely stopped playing Sims, so investigation or patch?? Or whatever else you can do, thanks !! :-((

Message 477 of 666 (593 Views)

Re: Serious crash issue, please help!!

Hero (Retired)

@Whirlwind5089 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 478 of 666 (558 Views)

My game won’t load a save.

★★★★★ Novice

One of my saved games will not load! It happens to be my favourite that I’ve invested most of my time on. What can I do please? It gets stuck on the loading screen & will not enter the game. 

Message 479 of 666 (567 Views)

Re: My game won’t load a save.

Hero (Retired)
@GemzLS84 What platform are you on?
Message 480 of 666 (545 Views)