[Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by helenajade863

Original Post

Game constantly crashing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Various packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Patch needed
What happens when the bug occurs? Excessive load times of over 10 mins. Laggy. Game crashes within 15 mins of loading in everytime
What do you expect to see? The issue resolved
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov update

• I have spoken to EA live chat who were not helpfull.
Message 321 of 666 (578 Views)

Sims 4 game crashing Xbox 1

★★★ Newbie

Is there a bug or something? I don't use mods, I have a disked game, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game and add ons, tried cleaning the disk, tried updating the game. Tried loading the game without the disk (ie through game pass) and tried restarting my xbox. Can't play my household more then 5 minute before it stops letting me click things won't let me play or pause. And then crashes completely. Started up a new save with new Sims and still does the same thing. 

Any one know what's up. Only started doing it since the new update in November. 

Message 322 of 666 (598 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

Hero (Retired)

I've updated the solution post with new information. Please be sure to check it out!

Message 323 of 666 (605 Views)

Re: Game constantly crashing

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jennyasher26 @xxs1kk0xx I've merged your posts into the XBox thread for this issue.

The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

Message 324 of 666 (604 Views)

Sims 4 crashing when using 3x speed

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP06: 1.assests.live-gp06.147
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco life, kitchen stuff, perfect patio, kids stuff, backyard, vintage, toddler, laundry, holiday, ghoul guitar, moschino, strangerville, realm of magic jungle adventures, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, get to work, get together, city living, pets, seasons, get famous and island living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load game. Use 3x speed in game and it will freeze up and crash. The ea agreement pops up after crash
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes, ea agreement keeps popping up after crash
What do you expect to see? No crashing and not having to accept ea agreement for the millionth time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• Game wont stop crashing after downloading ecolife. I use 3x speed in game and it crashes every time! Keeps lagging too. Restart game and the ea agreement pops up and I have to set up the screen everytime it crashes. 
Message 325 of 666 (569 Views)

Re: [XB1] Hard reset when I try to save or enter build mode

★ Guide
@Amalathea Olde Platz district lots seem to crash a lot for me too! I play on Xbox. I thought it was because of a gallery download, but I bulldozed the lot and started over and still crash on the lots in that neighborhood, both residential and community
Message 326 of 666 (598 Views)

Re: 11/24/2020--Game Crashes after recent Update

★★★★ Apprentice

I've waited a week since last attempting to play because it keeps crashing within a few minutes of play. I was hoping EA might have done something by now. My game is unplayable. I'm on generation 14 and don't want all my efforts to be wasted because the game doesn't work anymore. With all of the money I have spent on nearly all of the packs, I don't think it's fair that so many problems keep cropping up with this game.

Message 327 of 666 (580 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm crashing on Winterfest too strangely enough.

Message 328 of 666 (578 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just tried a few things to see if they would help.

1. Removed Father Winter goal from Winterfest.

2. Turned off all sound in settings.

3. Saved as new game.

4. Ended Winterfest early.

After doing this I saved again and this time I got an error message saying the game couldn't save. Error 22. It said to reload the game. Then it crashed. I tried to reload and at first it wouldn't open saying it took too long to start, so I tried again and it's stuck on the loading bar about 2/3 along. I keep hearing little clicks from my console every few minutes. Currently trying again for the third time so fingers crossed.

I've previously tried reseting caches on my console, plus uninstalling and reinstalling. This is getting really frustrating now. I'm on generation 14 so I'd be heartbroken to lose my game.

Message 329 of 666 (620 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@gingerrrninjerr The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

Error code 22 is covered in this thread here: Error Code 22, What it Means and What to Do.

Message 330 of 666 (598 Views)