Sims 4 Crashing Xbox One

by crizzrr

Original Post

Sims 4 on Xbox one freezing

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure what’s going on with my game but it keeps freezing after 5 mins of playing and then it won’t let me save anything. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall also to play with the game play settings and it didn’t change anything. I’m really upset because I really want to play, does anyone else have this problem or has heard of anything like this before?

Message 461 of 666 (463 Views)

Sims 4 Crashing Xbox One

★★★ Novice

My Sims 4 game keeps crashing after leaving CAS. I am getting so tired of this! I have all DLC and this did not start happening until I purchased Snowy Escape. 

I have paid too much money for this game to be crashing everytime I leave CAS and lose all progress. This is getting to the point I don't want to play anymore. 

When I try and find a solution there isn't any besides deleting and reinstalling tha game which would take hours or deleting my current save which I have spent hundreds of hours building and playing.

These cant be my only options, not with the amount of money I have given this company. We need a patch NOW!

Message 462 of 666 (555 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on Xbox one freezing

Community Manager

@Danni_Star283 Does this happen on an old save and a new save?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 463 of 666 (529 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing Xbox One

Community Manager

@crizzrr Can you try to clear your persistent storage and alternate mac address and see if this continues? If so can you test a new save to see if this also happens?

Persistent Storage 

1. Go to settings Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
  2. Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 

Alternate Mac: 

1. Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
  2. Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
  3. Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 464 of 666 (538 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on console crashing every 5 min-no exaggeration

Community Manager

@ktkasumu Based on what you have shared it seems like you are experiencing issues we are aware of. Can you check out our thread and go through the information there.

Illium.png

Message 465 of 666 (539 Views)

Sims 4 unplayable due to crashes

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats&dogs, cool kitchen stuff, done out, get to work, peranthood, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know but I've paid money for a game I can't play? Very recently £40+ it is to glitch out a little on my xbox one but this Is just impossible
What happens when the bug occurs? The xbox oges black a second restarts to the main home page all progress lossed It plays for 10-20 mins then restarts constantly Characters voices stutter same with music, people start to freeze then black then homescreen
What do you expect to see? My game working :')
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The xbox goes black a second then restarts game to the main home page all progress lossed

It plays for 10-20 mins then restarts constantly

Characters voices stutter same with music, people start to freeze then black then homescreen

Message 466 of 666 (555 Views)

★ Apprentice

I posted because I’ve done all of that and it’s still not working, so I need something new to try. I’ve done everything on that thread....................multiple times I might add. So what now? 

Message 467 of 666 (534 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ktkasumu @Danni_Star283 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

This is an open, known, and ongoing issue. You have to wait for a patch.

Message 468 of 666 (524 Views)

Re: Sims 4 unplayable due to crashes

Hero (Retired)

@gazmondo1992 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 469 of 666 (520 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok thank you!!!

Message 470 of 666 (495 Views)