Re: game shutting down

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Game crashing after most recent update

★★★ Newbie
Did the most recent update and bought 3 new packs and downloaded them and the game goes to the loading screen and then buzzes really loud and crashes. Sims also uninstalled all of my packs and will not let me redownload them. I’ve tried almost everything including asking a tech support and they can’t even figure it out also I play on Xbox one series x.
Message 311 of 666 (556 Views)

game shutting down

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs, city living, my first pet stuff, seasons, vampires, vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it happens a few moments after loading the game and then using my right and left bumpers to change time speed
What happens when the bug occurs? game shuts down
What do you expect to see? game should not be closing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

one other issue was with the hamster, kept getting notifications that it starved to death but hamster was alive with full food

Message 312 of 666 (557 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue on Xbox. Can't play since the hot fix. Hope it will be fixed soon. I have all the packs, except the last two. I want to buy them, but am not willing to spend anymore money, unless this game is playable!

Message 313 of 666 (529 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@alexisopalia @smirkyrabbit78 I've merged your post into the XBox thread for this issue.

The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

Message 314 of 666 (512 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox One X Crashing

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Life Of The Party Digital Content, Moschino Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood Perfect Patio Stuff, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Spa Day, Spooky Stuff, Island Living, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Up All Night Digital Content, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play for about an hour or so.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game just crashes with no warning to the Xbox main menu.
What do you expect to see? I just want the game to not crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I patched the game to 1.34, and purchased Get Famous & Eco Lifestyle on black Friday sale, and the game started this crashing every hour or so each time I try to play.

I've tried all sorts of stuff, new households, new saves, uninstall & re-install, nothing worked. 

Message 315 of 666 (525 Views)

XBOX ONE CRASHES SIMS 4

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34 I think
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs without Eco lifestyle and Snowy Escape Game pack : stranger , vampire , parenthood realm of magic , dine out Stuff pack : Toddler, Vintage , Movie hangout, Tiny ,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game is perfect just fix the crashes!!!!!
What happens when the bug occurs? After the last patch The game stared crashing all the time for no reason.....
What do you expect to see? Fix the Crashes please !!
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the last patch the game started to have problems

Please Fix the game , thank you ! 

Message 316 of 666 (513 Views)

Re: XBOX ONE CRASHES SIMS 4

Hero (Retired)

@sergiualex123 @Dakota199516 I've merged your post into the XBox thread for this issue.

The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

Message 317 of 666 (487 Views)

[SX] Constant crashing with black screen Sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform: Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except island living, snowy escape, get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, throws a black screen and quits to the home menu of the xbox console. No error codes. The game is unplayable. It occurs every time.
What do you expect to see? Would be nice if the game, you know, worked.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since November 

I have reinstalled the game, disabled audio, started new games, power cycled the console, everything. Still the same result. 

I find it odd that this still hasn’t been fixed. The game is literally unplayable for more than a week now. I feel that the 1.34 update only made things worse. Before, it would crash once every hour or so. Now it crashes within 5 minutes tops. I really hope this will get solved soon, as I payed a good amount of money for the content. 

Message 318 of 666 (501 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★ Novice

I believe this  may be my issue, I could not move past Winterfest... but I have Xbox One will this work for me ? 

Message 319 of 666 (588 Views)

Re: Game time stops

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AbC1779a1244654 @TheBigDawg66 I've merged your posts into the XBox thread for this issue.

Message 320 of 666 (545 Views)