Sims 4 (Xbox One) Crash

by beau93sam

Original Post

Re: [XB1] Game crashes

★ Guide
@SimGuruJoystick Please investigate ASAP this has gone beyond a joke. A resolution was done for PS and not xbox. We as xbox users feel like we have been pushed away and ignored by the developers. Fix the issue before you loose more loyal users
Message 201 of 666 (909 Views)

Sims 4 crashes when saving on Xbox

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack except journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It crashes 50-75% of the time I try to save my game, and doesn’t save my game. It just crashes
What do you expect to see? Less crashing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I really hate playing my game just to lose all my progress when trying to save. It happens most of the time and is really saddening. I don’t use cheats in my game either

Message 202 of 666 (853 Views)

Sims 4 (Xbox One) Crash

★★ Novice

Game keeps crashing at random moments. Just started today after the new update. Xbox isn’t overheating and I’ve had no other issues since the update. 

Message 203 of 666 (789 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when saving on Xbox

Hero (Retired)

@Dippertailz This issue has been patched for PS4, the patch has not been made for XB1. 

A more detailed help post is here in this thread and you can read it if you'd like. Random Crashes on XB1

Message 204 of 666 (845 Views)

The

★★ Novice

My sims keeps crashing and takes me to my Xbox home page

Message 205 of 666 (781 Views)

XBOX Not Saving

★★★★★ Newbie

My game used to work completely fine but about a month ago it just completely stopped saving and if I try to save the whole save file gets deleted. At this point it's not saving at all which makes it impossible to play knowing everything i do in one play session wont be saved and will likely be deleted. I've tried deleting, uninstalling, and constantly restarting the game but nothing has worked.

Message 206 of 666 (820 Views)

Crashing Xbox one sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

My game keeps losing sound and crashing after the update today. It start off well then after a few minutes of game play the game starts to make a crackling noise. like their voice and the music is going in and out.Then some time after the game crashes and go straight to the  Xbox Home Screen. 

Message 207 of 666 (809 Views)

Game keeps crashing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Don’t know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too many to remember
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don’t know just keeps crashing
What happens when the bug occurs? Just glitches and then crashes
What do you expect to see? Sims working smoothly and now glitches, like my sims keep putting plates on the counter where the microwave is
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• My sims game keeps crashing like everybody else, but I’ve been having this for 2 weeks now, on Xbox one console
Message 208 of 666 (810 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

★★★★ Novice

My game is also crashing, but it's crashing every 2-3 minutes (I've been timing it) it started crashing the night before the update (when I've only experienced maybe 2 crashes in the last year) but it was only once every couple of hours so I just saved regularly and that was fine but as soon as the update was installed I can't play a household for more than 5 minutes. Build mode works fine i was building rentals for hours after the update with no issues but as soon as I played a pre-existing household it crashed atleast 10 times (I've attached a video file showing what the crash looks like, I don't get an error code. The game clock freezes and game play continues for aprox 15 seconds then screen goes black and I'm kicked to homescreen) each time it crashed I tried a new way to correct it such as;

Deleting save files from my Xbox, uploading the household to the gallery and deleting the pre-existing household, Uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and packs, playing other households on a different save file, no matter what I did it still crashed after 3 minutes.

I really hope I'm not the only one experiencing this infuriating problem and I hope they can fix it soon, I love this game

I play on Xbox one, I've put hundreds of hours into Sims on this account and I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling everything (I have packs island living, eco lifestyle, cats and dogs, get to work, get together, city living, get famous, seasons, spa day, dine out, vampires, cool kitchen stuff and my first pet stuff)

I am playing on game version 1.33.202.2300

I have no mods or cc

Message 209 of 666 (822 Views)

Re: [Open][XB1] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode or the vets

★★★ Novice

Since the November 2020 update by game is crashing. So much so that it legitimately is unplayable.

I've noticed that when my sim sleeps, the game time doesn't speed up automatically and when I speed it up it always crashes. I've noticed when I click on an object that sometimes it takes a minute for the menu to appear (that's when I know it's about to crash). It will crash right in the middle of saving the game. Every time my sim would use the digital art pad, they would end up laying it on the floor and it would be messed up. Tried selling it one time and all the game said was "object sold" and didn't give any simoleons for it.

I have no mods or anything like that. I play the game on xb1. 

Message 210 of 666 (801 Views)