Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

by CrypticKam

Original Post

Re: Sims 4-crashes xbox1

★ Apprentice

Hey luv, same here e every single thing you say is what is happening to me. I save so much I can't even play. Just cuts off for no reason.  I swear to god will not buy Eco life

Message 81 of 666 (2,776 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing

★ Novice

XBOX One

Message 82 of 666 (2,774 Views)

[XB1] Random crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26.54.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, moschino stuff, laundry day stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, holiday celebration pack, ghoulish guitar. Seriously, add a check all that applies here jeez.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It randomly crashes on load screens, placing rooms in build mode, saving the game, going to the main menus, going to visit worlds.... It will crash. I've played a couple hours today and crashed 4 or 5 times.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crash to homescreen
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my game not the homescreen of my Xbox.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 5th patch for consoles.

I cant screen shot a crash and I'm not getting any error codes. I'm just getting tired of trying to make this game work since the patch. Not sure what else to say. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 83 of 666 (2,132 Views)

Game Crashes Trying to Load Some Households (PS4)

★ Apprentice

One thing that aggravates me is when the game crashes when I try to play specific households.

After installing the "Discover Universities" pack when I first got it, I entered Build mode from the World Map of the 50x50 occupied residential lot in Del Sol Valley and when I went to play it, it crashed. I have been unable to play that lot ever since.

Also, many households have now become unloadable for no reason whatsoever. One night I would play a new household and then a few nights later, it would crash every time. The other week, I saved the game while playing a household before I went to bed and when I went to continue it the following night, it crashed. All I did was take a screenshot.

Another household I played fine but the following night when I created a new Sim and then went to continue playing the same lot, it crashed.

I can't understand why some occupied lots still play fine but others don't. I can't play a single household in either Windenberg or Brindleton Bay now because each household crashes every time when trying to play them.

Message 84 of 666 (2,652 Views)

Re: Game Crashes Trying to Load Some Households (PS4)

Hero (Retired)

@adamclark83 Try deleting your autosave.

Try moving your sims out of the crashing lots to an empty lot and selling all their items then load the household and move them back in using their phone to see if you can load the lot.

If the household won't load after a move, the family is probably corrupted or a relationship is corrupted. You can try saving them to the library and placing them back into your save to see if it fixes the issue.

Message 85 of 666 (2,621 Views)

Re: Issues when trying to travel and save the game

★ Guide
@KatrinaNJ Exactly. Its definitely a known issue so if anyone is reading this you're probably wasting your time trying to fix this terribly broken game on your end by going through hard restarts and uninstalling then reinstalling. What's the point? We already know the game is broke. You didn't break it, the developers did!
Message 86 of 666 (2,660 Views)

Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

★ Guide
@texasamykay Make sure you haven't saved any custom paintings. Like something someone may have copied off Google and put the picture on an art canvas. That is actually custom content and it can even fail during a save which will make you lose your save file and cause a lot of problems with your game. Of course that's all besides the issues from the patch breaking the game.
Message 87 of 666 (2,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniperBefore the December patch, and the "DU" pack, every household loaded fine.

For one household, I took a screengrab, saved the game and then quit for the night. The next night, try to load that house, it crashes. Load the game again, select the house, it crashes.

Why would I want to sell the 50x50 family's items for and move them out? I spent ages on that home. Plus, I have many households that crash when trying to load them, I can't do what you suggest with every single one of them.

It's the developers' patches that ruined my game so they can be the ones to get it working properly again. By fixing it.

Message 88 of 666 (2,588 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

same here. mine is crashing just as it finishes loading my household in Bridleton Bay. I just got eco living and the latest update now it crashed 3 times today.

Message 89 of 666 (2,556 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@adamclark83 Selling the lot furnishings when moving doesn't remove them from the game. You can move your family back to the lot afterwards to see if you can load the lot again. Move the family out via manage worlds to an empty lot, then load the family on their empty lot, then use their phone to move them back to their old lot.

Also please refer to this thread to see if it matches any of your crashing. If so, please use those threads. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Read-First-Current-Issue-Game-Save-crash-after-J...

Message 90 of 666 (2,541 Views)