Crash during initial load, even offline

by 686129e9a46a5787

Original Post

GAME KEEPS CRASING

★★★★ Novice

I have looked and looked through every thread I can find: I have power cycled, cleared cache. EVERYTHING.

but when I'm on my Sims 4 game (Xbox one) and I modify my sim (hair clothes etc) and I try to exit out, my game crashes.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled. I've done everything I can find and nothing is fixing this issue.

when I try to leave the lot. Anytime I get the load screen? I crash.

Message 661 of 666 (1,107 Views)

Sims 4 crashes- can’t travel or ask out on date or manage/open world map

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city, living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, Eco lifestyle, snowy escape, cottage living, outdoor retreat, dream home decorator, spa day, dine out, parenthood, jungle adventure, my wedding stories, and werewolves.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any sim and attempt to travel via phone. Select any sim to ask on date. Unable to open manage open world .
What happens when the bug occurs? Game begins the traveling process , then crashes. Takes me back to the Xbox screen, in which I have to load the full game again
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the world screen after I select travel , to pick my destination and load my sim in the new destination.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims unable to travel, game completely crashes to main Xbox screen. 

Can’t travel via phone, the game starts to load but then crashes without ever reaching the map to choose the destination. This happens when I attempt to click ‘ask on a date’ with sims. This began happening around November 2022 and has not worked since .

The map is not accessible either, crashes as well.

any help to fix this would be appreciated. 

thank you

Message 662 of 666 (1,088 Views)

Re: Sims 4 isn't loading

★★★ Newbie

Hey I play on XB1 and my sim4 game is constantly crashing when i attempt loading in and out of cas, or finish loading screen. I'm constantly getting kicked back to home. Xbox up to date as well as my sims game and playing offline does not help when going into cas. 

Message 663 of 666 (1,022 Views)

Sims 4 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.26.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs City Living Blooming Rooms Kit Bowling Night Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Cottage Living Country Kitchen Kit Desert Luxe Kit Dine Out Discover University Dream Home Decorator Decor To The Max Kit Eco Lifestyle Everyday Clutter Kit Fitness Stuff Get Famous Get To Work Get Together Industrial Loft Kit Laundry Day Moschino Stuff Movie Hangout My First Pet Outdoor Retreat Perfect Patio Snowy Escape Spa Day Star Wars Tiny Living Vampires Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure as save works on XB1X so not sure what is causing crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to load save game it gets to about 75% loaded then crashes sending me to XB Home Screen. I have deleted and reinstalled game and all packs multiple times and still happens. I have loaded the game and all packs onto an older XB (XB1X) and save works fine on this console with not issues other than a little game lag.
What do you expect to see? To load the save game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No file i can upload 

Message 664 of 666 (952 Views)

Crash during initial load, even offline

★★★ Newbie

Playing on Xbox one. I have eco living, vampires, city living, cats and dogs installed. I bought strangerville but haven’t installed since I can’t load the game. 
packs installed: blooming room (might not be the right name) my first pet stuff, tiny living, vintage glam. 
when I load the game, I get the “hit A button screen”. Most times it begins to load then crashes to Home Screen. Or I get to the select a household screen, hit a and crash to Home Screen. 

I have power cycled my Xbox, changed my DNS, uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Tried going offline and loading. I even tried loading off a hot spot. Nothing has worked. My game will not load. 
help? This has been happening for 2 weeks. 

Message 665 of 666 (906 Views)

Re: Crash during initial load, even offline

Community Manager

Hey all,

This issue was resolved in Patch 1.70.

Please be sure to fully close and update your game- if you're still having crashing issues once your game is fully updated, please create a new thread here so we can investigate further.

solaire.png

Message 666 of 666 (2,747 Views)