Crashing on save, build, and travel

by lilpip83

Original Post

Re: Constant Crashing

Hero
@hollieallies Moved this to the console forum.

Which platform are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 501 of 666 (579 Views)

Sims4 crashes to dashboard

★ Novice

Sims4 crashes during gameplay and goes straight to dashboard even while trying to save

Message 502 of 666 (689 Views)

Re: Sims4 crashes to dashboard

@satasha1187  Is there anything happening in-game around the time of the crashing?  Just randomly, does your main household have any cats and a robot vacuum?  (It can be a problem.)  And let me know whether you use mods or custom content.  It's fine if you do, it just adds an extra layer of troubleshooting.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 503 of 666 (670 Views)

★ Novice

Xbox one  not pc, I dont have any cc or mods just the expansion packs stuff packs. I dont have the robot vaccum or cats i do have a dog . But notice that anytime I go into or out of build mode or change sims clothes that soon after it crashes straight to my xbox dashboard .

Message 504 of 666 (683 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing even with SSD connected

I have been experiencing constant crashes on this game. I thought my external Hard drive was the problem. So I ordered a Solid State Drive from Amazon, (Hence SSD in the title) plugged it into my XBox, moved all of my games plus Sims 4, play it and it still crashes. And please don't tell me to buy an XBox Series X or S. That is out of the question. That new drive set me back $160 plus shipping and retailer's surcharge. I cannot afford an additional grand for the same problem to happen.

Message 505 of 666 (691 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@satasha1187 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 506 of 666 (661 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing even with SSD connected

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CommishLawWonder Changing hard drives won't solve a memory issue.

I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 507 of 666 (659 Views)

★★ Novice
@hollieallies I feel like giving up on Sims cause clearly it's not working on console and in fed-up.
Message 508 of 666 (610 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah they didn't even put crashing on the laundry list because they don't plan on fixing it. They got their money and don't feel that like it is their responsibility. I will not buy anymore Sims games since it is not good with consoles. 

Message 509 of 666 (558 Views)

Crashing on save, build, and travel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My game has been crashing for several weeks. I’m on a new save and everything was uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I even deleted my old saves. Ugh. It seems inevitable no matter what you do that this game will start crashing. I’m about to get the series x and if it crashes on that, there is no hope for this series. After 20 years and 4 generations of the game, I’d say sims was a great idea that never came to fruition. Time for EA to give someone else a chance to bring that idea into reality. There’s nothing else I can try. I’ve read over EVERY forum, complaint, troubleshooting guide out there. Legit, my game is broken. I don’t even know how much I’ve spent but I know for sure: I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER EA GAME INCLUDING SIMS 5.  On Xbox 1 fyi

Message 510 of 666 (479 Views)