Game stoped working

by debbiems97

Original Post

Game Crashes Since December Update

★★ Novice

I've been having a crash problem since the December update. Any time I'm saving, exiting build mode or traveling, the game will crash to Xbox home menu. The crashing makes me NOT want to play the game because who wants to play a game that you can't save.  It's crazy.

I own every pack except for Batuu (because seriously, who asked for that?  I love Star Wars and it looked meh to me.).  I've obviously noticed that the game takes longer to load and switch between build and live mode.  I expect that.  There's a lot of packs and lots of data.  But up until the December update, I was able to play without issue.

Originally, I had my Sims on a 40x30 lot on the Windenburg island.  The house was huge and had LOTS of stuff.  A full nursery, kids room, two teen rooms and a master suite.  Plus a parlor, living room, game room and weight room.  Not a small house.  Lots of stuff.  I decided that they needed more space because Gramps was moving in and he needed an in-law apartment.  So I moved them to the 64x64 lot in Windenburg.  Same house.  Same toys.  Added a large garden out the back with a play area for the kids.  In-law house was fully equipped with kitchen and bathroom, private balcony.  I added in a sauna/spa from the Snowy Escape pack with a shower hut next to it that also had a seating area with fireplace.  The game ran just fine.  No problems.  The mom did her witchy thing and the dad went to work as a detective.  Gramps watched the toddler and life was awesome. 

Then the December update hit.  At first, I could play, but saving was a game of Russian roulette.  I couldn't go into build mode for ANY reason or the game would crash upon exiting.  My immediate plan was to downsize the house.  I figured there was just too much on the lot.  I love the house and it's absolutely perfect and gorgeous but okay, we'll downsize so we can actually play the game.

Move to a 40x30 lot in Brindleton Bay.  Built the house before moving in and had no issues in build mode or saving.  Move the family in and we're back to Russian roulette when it comes to saving.  Sometimes it saves, sometimes it crashes.

I've reset my Alt. MAC address.  I've moved my game files to an external hard drive.  I've cycled my power supply and reset the game cache.  I've removed auto save files.  Still no go.  So, yesterday, I uninstalled Snowy Escape and it seems like the game is running just fine now.  WTF?!

Tonight, I'm gonna try saving my family and their home off to my library and drop them into a new world and see what happens.

Anyone else having similar problems after the December update?  Have you found any different work arounds for it?

Message 491 of 666 (514 Views)

Re: Game Crashes Since December Update

Hero (Retired)

@WhiskeyDreamer13 I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 492 of 666 (746 Views)

Game crashes when trying to place a lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing a big residential lot in your game size 64x64.
What happens when the bug occurs? COMPLETELY CLOSES MY GAME OR I WILL BE PLAYING AND MY GAME RANDOMLY CRASHES.
What do you expect to see? To see the lot be placed without my game completely freezing and closing out!!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims 4 Xbox One console game constantly crashes when I try to place a residential 64x64 lot... WHY?!???? This * is TOO damn expensive...NONE of this should be constantly happening. Fix this bug!! 
TO CONTINUE, another bug is me editing my house, my game randomly freezes....then crashes..

Another thing, why do my sims sit there and not move at all but the time is still moving?!??!??!?? Like why are they not doing the commands -_-.
When my game crashes just a black screen and back to the Xbox One Home.

Its frustrating especially when you put your time into all your work for nothing!!!! Also saving doesn’t help because my game freezes/crashes again -_-
You need to fix these things sims!!

I regret ever spending all this money on Console Sims 4. Never again.

Message 493 of 666 (724 Views)

Re: Game crashes when trying to place a lot

Hero (Retired)

@cheesepuffsssx I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

It sounds like the lot you are trying to place has too many items from too many packs in it. Your console only has so much memory, when you hit the cap, your game will crash. Place the lot empty or use a smaller lot. The linked post I put above has more information in it.

Message 494 of 666 (695 Views)

XBOX Crashing

★★★ Novice

My game is constantly crashing on Xbox. I’m all up to date with updates and bought Eco Lifestyle last month, which is when I noticed the crashing. I can’t travel to other lots either. I’m also not playing on large lots, so I’m not sure why this is happening. 

Message 495 of 666 (643 Views)

Sims 4 crashing on Xbox one

★★★ Newbie

I haven’t been able to play for more than a couple minutes since November. I’ve spent an hour on chat with the EA helpdesk trying lots of things and it still crashes every time. I play on an Xbox one, these are the things I’ve tried in no particular order:

1. Disabled the sound 

2. Moved to a smaller lot. 
3. Tried to skip winter (screen said spring but there was still snow everywhere) 

4. Removed and re added profile. 
5. Uninstalled the game. 
6. Cleared cashe. 

The game works when I use a different profile and I’m hoping to find a way forward that lets me use the same household I have now but by now I’m willing to consider wiping the whole thing and starting from scratch if I have to. Any suggestions would be very welcome 

Message 496 of 666 (637 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on Xbox one

Hero (Retired)

@LotPot44 It sounds like you have the duplicating father winter issue if your game has been having these issues since November. A bug was introduced with the November patch that was causing saves to fill.

I've merged your report with the XB thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

Message 497 of 666 (602 Views)

Game stoped working

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 wont load. I get to the screen where u pick ur houshold to play and then i get stuck on a loading screen. Im on xbox so mods r definitely not the problem

Message 498 of 666 (591 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

Hero (Retired)

Patch 1.38 was released that Fixes the Father Winter issue on affected saves. Please update your games. I've Updated the Help Post

Message 499 of 666 (566 Views)

Constant Crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am absolutely at my whits end with this game. I have paid full price for every single * pack and my game doesnt even work. I've tried every * troubleshooting task and NOTHING works. I play on console and at this stage I feel absolutely helpless because no one will listen to me/us about the problems we're having with console gameplay. Almost like we aren't taken seriously. Why won't they fix this??? Hundreds of £ spent on absolutely nothing. What a disappointment

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 500 of 666 (493 Views)