by helenajade863

Original Post

[XB1] Crash/Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It will just happen 10 minutes into gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You can be building or creating sims or even playing your household and it will randomly crash and take you back to the home screen
What do you expect to see? I expect for the sims not to crash at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After you added the heritage update

Please fix this crash I’m mad because I can’t even play my game it sucks to have to deal with this and not be able to play a game you love. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 191 of 666 (768 Views)

Sims 4 closing down mid game

★★★ Novice

In the job mode, computer won’t won’t highlight to do job, then I’m getting kicked out. 
it’s also happened on build mode. 
just added seasons and eco friendly extensions. Playing on Xbox one S 

also had issue when loading game, have had to do restarts a number of times. 

this is only happening on sims, all other games ok. 

Message 192 of 666 (876 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★★★ Novice

this is so frustrating, spent a whole day going through everything and then waiting for everything to reinstall and download, then the same thing is happening again now today. 
For me it's crashing when i go back into live mode, or when trying to save. 

I have literally played 1 sim day in the last 3 days, 

ive had item disappear as i don't have the content (which i do)

seems to have happened since i installed eco lifesyle 

Message 193 of 666 (803 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Xbox One 8/1/2020

★★★★ Apprentice

For The amount that people spend on the DLC for this Game they expect it to run smoothly if not flawlessly. This is unacceptable and inexcusable EA needs to get their act together and fix this bug ridden mess. STOP Releasing DLC until you Fix the mess you created jeez any other company would take a massive dip in sales or face lawsuits for the PoS quality that EA pumps out especially since EA isn't really in the business of handing out refunds Don't Believe me Use Sim City as an Example.

Message 194 of 666 (769 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Xbox One 8/1/2020

★★★★ Apprentice

It often happens for me During Or After I use Build mode without fail. Clearing Cache Don't do a thing for me well maybe adds about 10 extra minutes of playtime before it crashes and Uninstall and reinstall doesn't help either.The Last update I can remember that ran pretty well for me was Well September/October 2019 after that I got the Harvestable bug from november 2019 then Cracking audio from the Eco Life update and frequent crashing. I am wondering if Seasons is the culprit heavy fps usage during Storms and Blizzards. As I said before EA Fix your S#!T Now!!!

Message 195 of 666 (767 Views)

★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when you select “delete everywhere”, do you really lose all of your saved files?
Message 196 of 666 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@daneliz9265 Delete from everywhere deletes the selected save data from the console and cloud.

If you are playing on a very old save game, or a game that has a lot of played households and full lots, you are more likely to crash. Deleting everything from household and sim inventories for all played sims, and reducing the amount of items in builds may help with an old save.

A patch was put out for PS4 last month to help with this issue, but it hasn't come to XB1 yet.

I've edited my earlier post with updated information.

Message 197 of 666 (730 Views)

Game crashes: why has ea not done anything?! - Xbox one

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.85.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the star-wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure because I started having this issue in July and nothing was ever done about it.
What happens when the bug occurs? the screen goes black and when it comes back on its my Xbox home screen I have to run the game again.
What do you expect to see? a black screen no error codes nothing except a black screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Dear EA, 

I have reported this issue many times since July and nothing has been done its now November 2020 and still nothing has been done to fix this game. 

I have done every single trouble shooting your advisers gave me and none of them have worked. 

Please put your gamers first and understand we have sent a lot of money and all we ask is you fix these bigger issues. 

I am not the only one with these issue but no one contacts you guys because they know nothing will get done. 

Message 198 of 666 (700 Views)

★ Guide
@CrypticKam Have you still been able to play on the XB1 X without any crashing issues? I’m hoping they patch XB1 with this big snowy escape update, but if they don’t, curious as to whether it’s worth it to upgrade from the S.
Message 199 of 666 (803 Views)

Re: Game crashes: why has ea not done anything?! - Xbox one

Hero (Retired)

@shirlene21b This issue has been patched for PS4, the patch has not been made for XB1. 

A more detailed help post is here in this thread and you can read it if you'd like. Random Crashes on XB1

Message 200 of 666 (791 Views)