Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Open][XB] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP06:Lassets.live-gp06.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them other than the university pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By saving the game or by trying to travel to another location or taking a pet to the vets
What happens when the bug occurs? Returns to the home menu of the xbox console
What do you expect to see? For the game to load to the location of choice
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. As the video shows the bug occurring 
  2. I have raised this issue previously and it only resolved the issue for a short duration 

(CM: Edited to update thread title to match specific crash scenarios within thread)

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Updated console tag/title

Message 3 of 666 (22,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash during initial load, even offline

Community Manager

Hey all,

This issue was resolved in Patch 1.70.

Please be sure to fully close and update your game- if you're still having crashing issues once your game is fully updated, please create a new thread here so we can investigate further.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 666 of 666 (2,613 Views)

All Replies

Crashing after university update Xbox 1

★★★★★ Novice

Is there going to be a patch for the crashing issue for sims 4? After the university update the game constantly crashes. On loading, in build mode, save attempts, traveling, having your sims do things. This game has crashed on my Xbox 1 on every occasion. I can barely do anything without the game simply crashing. I only have 3 sims at max in 3 households so crashing should not be an issue. Please fix this.

Message 1 of 666 (22,448 Views)

Re: Crashing after university update Xbox 1

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The QA team is aware of the crashing issue for XB1.

For any other issue, please read this thread [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes

For Crashes with Error codes, please open a bug report on the Bug Forum.

A current issue exists that is affecting saves and can cause issues. Please check this thread and post there if this is what you are seeing: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag

For Crashing without error codes, please see the following:

These crashes are not reproducible crashes, they happen without warning and at different times during gameplay.

This issue is most common with:

• Original XBox Consoles
  • Owning a lot of packs
  • Very old Saves
  • Saves with lots of played households
  • Lots of items in builds, including the use of lots of different packs in builds
  • Lots of Sims in relationship panels of played sims because of lack of game relationship culling (Think friend of the world on a sim without aging on, etc.)
  • The use of large lots (50x50, 64x64)

Deleting everything from sim and household inventories for all played sims may help with the crashing.

Saving your played sims and households/houses to the library and placing them down in a new save may help with the crashing.

A help thread with more ideas that may help to reduce crashing is here Autonomy and Simulation Lag 

The following is general troubleshooting, and may not help with this specific issue.

1. Turn off Your system completely

Spoiler
  • Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  • Plug the console power cable back in.
  • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date.

Spoiler
To set your console to automatically receive updates:
  • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  • Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games and apps.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

Spoiler
  • Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  • Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  • Under Updates, you’ll see:
    • Console update available. Select this button to begin your update, or
    • No console update available. This means your console is up to date

4. Delete your Sims 4 Auto Save

Spoiler
  • On Home, select My games & apps.
  • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  • In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  • You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on. You do not want to sync the Autosave from the cloud, you want the game to make a new one.

5. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

Spoiler
Before you can reinstall a game, you must first uninstall it from the console's hard drive. To uninstall a game:
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps and then Games.
  2. Highlight the game you want to uninstall, press the Menu button, and then select Uninstall.
You can then reinstall the game by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Microsoft Store. To download the game again, go to My games & apps > Games and then select the game title from Ready to install.

Message 2 of 666 (22,433 Views)

Re: Issues when trying to travel and save the game

Hero
@helenajade863 What do you mean by home menu ? Do you get any error messages ?

I don't see a video.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 666 (22,535 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I'll try and upload the video again...
I mean to the xbox home screen so whilst the game is loading out of a location the whole game closes down and returns to the xbox home page
Message 5 of 666 (22,509 Views)

★ Guide
  • It wouldn't allow me to attach the file to my response if the video is not visible on this message please see my profile video uploads as I've successfully uploaded it to that 
Message 6 of 666 (22,499 Views)

Hero
@helenajade863 Try uploading to youtube and make it unlisted. Then just post the link. Or upload to google drive or one drive.

So it's basically a crash ? I don't know much about console so might need to move this to the console forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 666 (22,459 Views)

★ Guide

https://youtu.be/utDxQB0nyWQ

Yes so it's pretty much a crash... However I recalled the issue starting after I installed the realm of magic pack.. I unistalled the pack and it allows me to travel with no issues. Once the pack is installed again the issues continue.

Thanks for all your support so far it's more than appreciated 

Message 8 of 666 (22,437 Views)

Hero
@helenajade863 Moving this to the console forum then. Maybe a XB1 player has any ideas what's going on or help you troubelshoot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 666 (22,425 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks hopefully someone can. As it's seriously frustrating especially if I've made progress.. All of its lost once the game crashes. 

Message 10 of 666 (22,406 Views)