Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by Nozladi

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Game crashing after December update

★ Guide

OMG!! This issue just keeps getting worse!! Now I can no longer load the main household in my game. This is the household I built my whole game around for the last year. I haven’t played this particular household in a few weeks. I just tried going in tonight, so excited to play my flagship family again and age up their twin infants to toddlers and every single time I try to load that household, the game crashes. I am so sick of this!! And I am so angry that while EA can apparently dedicate time and resources to developing and selling more broken packs, they apparently cannot be bothered to dedicate time and resources to fixing this long standing issue that is seriously impacting so many of their console players. Customers who have spent hundreds of dollars on an essentially broken and unplayable game. It really feels like robbery at this point. 

Message 291 of 377 (732 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KEW0701 This thread covers crashes while exiting the CAS/Build Mode and Travel. If your crash is different, please see the following thread.

[Read First][Current Issue] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.27 (June 10th Update)

Message 292 of 377 (1,058 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve spent hours testing my game tonight and I may wind up putting in a new bug report. My main household - the one that I can now not load without crashing - is on one of the 64x64 lots in Windenburg. I see from a few other posts from users that others are also having an issue with these lots - the 64x64 lots. Not sure if it is just confined to Windenburg yet. I was able to successfully move (and play test) my Sim family into an already existing house on the 64x64 lot in Del Sol Valley, but when I tried to place a different house there from my library, the game crashed. I was just able to place a new random house from my library on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, but only after a couple of tries. It crashed the first time I tried it. Tomorrow I’ll go in and see if I can actually load and play test that household. Also tomorrow I’m going to try to download my Sim family’s house from My Library onto the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay and see if that works. It’s a mansion I spent a ton of time decorating and tailoring to my celebrity family and I really don’t want to not be able to use it. I’ve invested countless hours in it and I have been playing in it since September 2019 with no problem until now - seemingly after the June update and hot fixes. 

Message 293 of 377 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I haven’t been able to place a house via the library without the game crashing for a while now. I honestly just gave up and don’t use the gallery or my library. So that’s sad.

Message 294 of 377 (947 Views)

Hero (Retired)

"If you're playing on PS4 and crashing when attempting to Travel, could you send me your save? It'd really help us out for investigation. Info on how to send me your save is in the below link, thanks for the help!" -SimGuruNick Tweet

Please PM Save Files! to @SimGuruNick 

Message 295 of 377 (851 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

★ Novice

This has been happening on my console more and more at random, right after a fresh save, when I blink , when I hit X, when I rotate an object.   WhAt has happened???? ... I can’t do anything .. I have to save like every five min and sometimes that’s not enough and it seems like to started happening after the eco download ... but very annoying ...

Message 296 of 377 (1,415 Views)

★ Guide

For me as well. It's getting so frustrating. It's hard to play. I am constantly doing a save and it's so disruptive.

Message 297 of 377 (811 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Rae_Regenbogen Made the mistake of adding lots off of the gallery. My new save was crash free for weeks before I started to fill lots with gallery builds. Even staying away from NoCC wallart didn't help like I thought.
Message 298 of 377 (780 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 crashes after exiting build mode

★★★ Newbie

Every time I am playing the sim 4 on my ps4, an error occurs right after I switch back into live mode (from build mode). That is literally the only time it crashes, and I have no idea why. There are no updates available, so that cant be the fix. Is there any other way to fix this issue? 

Message 299 of 377 (793 Views)

★ Guide

I was finally able to get a USB storage device formatted correctly and I loaded my save file on it. I will try to send it over so it can be looked at. I crash constantly - particularly when exiting Build Mode (probably at least 90% of the time) and frequently when traveling (not always but more often than not). I also crash at times when saving my game and also when exiting the game. 

Message 300 of 377 (776 Views)