Re: Sims 4 ps4 crashing non-stop

by wisechick8488

Original Post

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

Hero (Retired)

@fashion787 Please see EA_Lanna's post just above yours that is marked with steps to send your crashing saves to the bug team. 

Message 211 of 377 (2,020 Views)

Sims 4 ps4 crashing non-stop

★ Apprentice

The last week or so this game has been nearly unplayable, which considering the time and money put into this is unacceptable. The game crashes non stop during travel, leaving build mode, creat a sim, randomly in the middle of play. I have done ALL troubleshooting suggested for a similar problem I read about that occured in December. I have fully restored my playstation, the external hardrive, reinstalled game and all add-ons, deleted all old save files, started new, only for the same thing to occur. I am extremely frustrated and no longer know what to do. EA tells me to contact sony, sony says to contact EA. Back and forth, back and forth. There is NOTHING wrong with my system, all other games including VR work with no hitch, glitch, or crash, and as my game is all digital from the playststion store it cannot be a disc issue. With all previous saves deleted before system restoration a corrupted file seems highly unlikely.

Both game and system are all up to date. Please help ;_;

Message 212 of 377 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@riverstyxd357 Im having the same issue on my xbox1
Message 213 of 377 (1,859 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wisechick8488 Ughh! I'm sorry to hear but glad I am not alone. I've put way too much money and time (my god the TIME) into this for this to be happening, EA needs to get on this. It isn't right or fair to us players.
Message 214 of 377 (1,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree! It also seems to be a game issue not console since we are having aame issues on different consoles. Its crazy you cant do anything without it crashing! I hope EA fixes this before ECO drops on june 5. Its very frustrating!

Message 215 of 377 (1,364 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wisechick8488 Definitely a game issue. And EA keeps giving the run around when contacted via live chat. They need to own up to it being an issue on their end and stop with all the contact sony nonsense. It isn't system specific at all.
Message 216 of 377 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed!! Im gonna contact live chat tomorrow

Message 217 of 377 (1,290 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

★★★ Newbie

Hi I’ve experienced the same issue. But I have noticed that when I made a new save, it wasn’t crashing. In my older save I have loaded non CC paintings from the gallery. I think that is the issue. Somehow the game has flagged the paintings on gallery as CC. 

Message 218 of 377 (1,219 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

★★★ Novice

@mzdpgxjaxo wrote:

Hi I’ve experienced the same issue. But I have noticed that when I made a new save, it wasn’t crashing. In my older save I have loaded non CC paintings from the gallery. I think that is the issue. Somehow the game has flagged the paintings on gallery as CC. 

I’ve just started a new save, I wasn’t smart though I should have uploaded my families and houses to the gallery, all those years of family’s and stories gone, I feel sick but hopefully now I won’t crash 

Message 219 of 377 (1,211 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wisechick8488 Any luck?
Message 220 of 377 (1,232 Views)