Re: No townies moving into homes?

by L33L4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No townies moving into homes?

★★★★ Guide

I’ve played 6 generations and on about the second/third of the same family, I’ve noticed most of my towns are completely empty. Even though I have fill empty lots on. I’ve visited every lot in the towns thinking maybe it could refresh it, but alas, nothing. I’ve checked most of the homes and they’re still furnished with the necessities needed to move in. Am I missing something?

also, could be related or not. I’ve had a lot of NPC’s spawning with no name. First or last. Just blank.   

Message 1 of 3 (5,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@L33L4 I recently finished the Alphabet Legacy, so I know exactly what you are seeing. Every town, except the one your family currently lives in will eventually die out and not be replaced by new households in essence giving you ghost towns. It's lonely and sad.

I've never been able to get townies to refresh in worlds by visiting. I do not know if this is by design. I assume it is since only your the world your sims currently live in is populated after the original households die.

Your current world should be populating with households moving in. It's slow, supposed to be once a sim week you get a new household moved in. Only your current lived in world is affected by repopulation.

If you click on a house in live mode, you will get the option to move a household in from the library. Moving a household in this way means their funds don't count and you can move anyone in you wish. You do have to have an active sim in the neighborhood you wish to populate this way.

As for the blank names are they in world and blank? Or are they in manage worlds and blank?

In world is probably a sim that was special, like the flower bunny.

In Manage worlds is probably sims that were in University Housing and were booted out into their own households. The game does not give households that are separated this way names. I am uncertain if that is a bug.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,675 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@L33L4 I recently finished the Alphabet Legacy, so I know exactly what you are seeing. Every town, except the one your family currently lives in will eventually die out and not be replaced by new households in essence giving you ghost towns. It's lonely and sad.

I've never been able to get townies to refresh in worlds by visiting. I do not know if this is by design. I assume it is since only your the world your sims currently live in is populated after the original households die.

Your current world should be populating with households moving in. It's slow, supposed to be once a sim week you get a new household moved in. Only your current lived in world is affected by repopulation.

If you click on a house in live mode, you will get the option to move a household in from the library. Moving a household in this way means their funds don't count and you can move anyone in you wish. You do have to have an active sim in the neighborhood you wish to populate this way.

As for the blank names are they in world and blank? Or are they in manage worlds and blank?

In world is probably a sim that was special, like the flower bunny.

In Manage worlds is probably sims that were in University Housing and were booted out into their own households. The game does not give households that are separated this way names. I am uncertain if that is a bug.

Message 2 of 3 (5,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Most are not in world. But I did have a sim that my family was friends with from university. And one day his name just disappeared. And he was in world at the time it happened. Could be why his name disappeared then. Since he was in uni and I moved him into a lot to populate the world a little more. 

Message 3 of 3 (5,668 Views)