No gallery option for PS4

by ExtraCelestial97

Original Post

No gallery option for PS4

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I can only seem to get the library option not the gallery. I have an EA account which when I checked me 'About Me' tab it shows that I am connected to my PSN account.

Also I am 22 so I don't think it is the age issue which I have seen pointed out.

When I am on my Sims 4 game, if I go into 'Game Options' then 'Other', nothing about online shows up to tick, just: Trail animation, share usage data, controls overlay reminder, user agreement, cursor speed and cursor acceleration.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 5 (2,190 Views)

Re: No gallery option for PS4

Hero (Retired)

@ExtraCelestial97 

1. Please make sure your game is updated.

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.
    • You can turn off your PS4 system in any of these ways.

• Select [Power] from the function screen, and then select [Turn Off PS4].
      • Select [Power] > [Turn Off PS4] on the quick menu.
      • Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).

When you turn off your system, the display darkens, the power indicator blinks white, and then turns off

2. Be sure you are connected to the internet You can check this in the following way: (Settings) > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection].

3. You may want to check the parental rating on your account. The number rating for games may be set to low for sims on your PS4. 

Go to Settings < Family Management, then select the account to manage, under the child account then select Parental Controls > Applications/Devices/Network Features once in that screen they can change Age Level for Games, and under Network Features make sure Viewing Content Created by other Players is set to Allowed. There's also an Age Filtering by Online content that may also need to be disabled, but only if the other setting didn't change anything.

4. If you've set your PS4 up correctly for parental controls the issue could be your EA account itself.

The contact EA form is here https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ 

• Select the Sims
  • Select your Platform
  • Select a Topic
  • Select an issue
  • At the next screen you can chat with a live support person.
Message 2 of 5 (2,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for your reply, I have resolved the issue and can now access the gallery! Thanks again. Leanne.

Message 3 of 5 (2,163 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ExtraCelestial97  What was the issue?

Message 4 of 5 (2,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just before you replied I had a live chat with someone from the team regarding the issue, during the chat the option to select 'online features' appeared for the first time once I gave them my Playstation ID. I'm not sure the exact issue but I believe my game needed updating as I had done everything else. 

Message 5 of 5 (2,144 Views)