Re: My sims family is missing!! Help!

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

My sims family is missing!! Help!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, laundry day, spooky stuff, realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m hoping there is something I can do to bring them back or something someone can do
What happens when the bug occurs? My game disappeared, I’ve been playing it for months and have so much progress and they’re gone!
What do you expect to see? Hopefully my game back soon
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My game is not in the loading screen, I went to load it and the auto save space (where it should have been) was empty and nothing was there and my game was no where to be found. I have been playing them for months and I’m completely devastated about this!

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LgtMdgt Resetting your XBox One console might fix this. Have you already tried that? Just a reset, not a hard reboot back to factory settings. With the power on, just press and hold the power button for like 5 - 10 seconds (the power will turn off but keep holding the button for the full time), then turn the power back on & see if your save is back. If it's just a console glitch, a reset will not delete your saves. Hopefully it is nothing more serious than this.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)

Hero
@LgtMdgt Moving this to the console forum for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LgtMdgt 

1. Are you connected to XBox Live?

2. Is XBox Live service Having issues?

3. Are you logged in to the correct account?

4. Can you download a backup save from the cloud if your local saves are gone?

If those don't work, you can try

5. Turn off Your system completely

• Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  • Plug the console power cable back in.
  • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. 

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)