Losing simoleons after build mode

by Srgtwhorbag69

Original Post

Losing simoleons after build mode

★★ Novice

Hey there. I have recently purchased quite a few expansion packs and have been flooded with many issues/bugs. One in particular that is very frustrating is money disappearing. One game I'm playing, the sims hit jackpot of the lottery and won a million dollars. After going into build mode to purchase some things, when I exited, money dropped to 20,000. I then created another game (lottery doesn't appear anymore- another topic) had a couple hundred thousand, then after exiting build mode it dropped again to the same as the other game,  20,000. What the heck????

Message 1 of 7 (848 Views)

Re: Losing simoleons after build mode

Hero (Retired)

@Srgtwhorbag69  I haven't heard of this happening with build mode, only when using the CAS to add a household member or  pet. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-new-sims-pets-to-existing-households-resets/m-p/80...

Did you recently use the CAS to add a family member?

Message 2 of 7 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No, I did not. Unless just going in there to modify them...

Thanks for the link. I'm using ps4 though

Message 3 of 7 (811 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Srgtwhorbag69  You can still use the same threads that PC uses unless it's marked as fixed for PC. You did not add a new sim or cat/dog and your money was reset? I have not ran into this. I tried to duplicate it but just entering and exiting build mode after a purchase did not reset the household funds. 

Message 4 of 7 (787 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Ok, good to know about the threads. And no, I did not add a new sim or pet. It doesn't happen right away, it does it after a couple times going in and out. It all started when I purchased the seasons pack...
Message 5 of 7 (774 Views)

★★ Pro

@Srgtwhorbag69 

I am not entirely sure if this will help, but if you have a backup save from before or just after your family won the lottery you can play-test to see if you can go in and out of build/buy mode and still keep the money.

Or have you already tried that?

Message 6 of 7 (732 Views)

★★ Novice
@172e3cda00349872 I have tried that, I think. But still was the same because of the timing of auto save. I then bought the vault to try and keep most of the money saved and that seemed to help for awhile until I took it out to test. I still lost it all in the end.
Just a bad bug/ glitch I guess.
Thanks for the feedback though!
Message 7 of 7 (721 Views)