Re: Language Sims 4 PS4

by Bubblye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Language Sims 4 PS4

★★★★★ Apprentice
I bought the sims 4 and city living expansion for PS4 on PS Store. I want to change the language from english to spanish. How can i do that?
Help please!
Message 1 of 25 (31,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice
PS4
  1. From the PlayStation dashboard, select "Settings" on the top right and press X.
  2. Scroll down until you see "Language" and press X.
  3. Select “System Language” and press X.
  4. The menu will present a list of available languages to choose from. ...
  5. The game should now launch in your selected language.

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (34,133 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
PS4
  1. From the PlayStation dashboard, select "Settings" on the top right and press X.
  2. Scroll down until you see "Language" and press X.
  3. Select “System Language” and press X.
  4. The menu will present a list of available languages to choose from. ...
  5. The game should now launch in your selected language.
Message 2 of 25 (34,134 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @PichonShred,

Were you able to change the game to Spanish following @Bubblye's great step by step instructions? If so, it would be great if you let everyone know by using the 'Accept as solution button' Standard smile

It will also help Bubblye level up in the community Wink

Let us know if you still need help with languages, and we will try to help further.

Happy simming!
-Mai
Message 3 of 25 (31,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This appears to be changing the general language of the PS4 but not for within Sims4. I cannot see any reference to language preference in the game?

I have seen other threads that suggest deleting app and downloading again, so I am trying that and hoping there is a step to set the language upon opening which I missed before?
Message 4 of 25 (31,181 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @knocky19,

The game's language should change to the console's language if available - there's not an option in-game to set a language.

If you are also trying to change the game to Spanish and you haven't done so yet, please, try to change the console language to Spanish (Spain).

If you are trying to change it to a different language, could you tell me to which one?

-Mai
Message 5 of 25 (31,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thank you for the quick reply... the default language upon the downloading of Sims4 is Spanish and I’d like to switch to English which is also the console setting.
Message 6 of 25 (31,171 Views)

EA app Team
That's actually really strange, @knocky19. Just as a test, could you try to set the console to US English if you are using UK, or viceversa?

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 7 of 25 (31,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
We just bought SIMS 4 and downloaded it. Our PS4 system language is set to English yet people r speaking a different language. We really want to fix this as we r playing in silence.
Kazzz74
Message 8 of 25 (31,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Kazzz74

Are people speaking another language? The sims, the small people in the game,  they speak a language called "simlish". This they do no matter what language the rest of the game is. Are all the text bubbles and such in English? The spoken language of the game never is. 

You can learn more about simlish in this video (in English) by The Sims team Standard smile

Sometimes when they speak they also have thought bubbles, if you want to understand. When it's important for you as a player to understand what they want, they always have the speaking or thought bubbles above their head. Like if you tell them to go somewhere and something is in the way, they will wave their hand and have a bubble with this icon my sim has below! Standard smile

Skärmklipp.PNG

I hope that explains some. If you have a problem with the written language, please tell us!

Message 9 of 25 (31,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok wow I never knew this. Our speech bubbles r all English. So we r fine. Thank you for clarifying
Message 10 of 25 (31,101 Views)