Re: Keyboard/Mouse Support

by vyvexthorne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keyboard/Mouse Support

★ Apprentice

Umm I dont know if there is a topic already made for this. But is anyone else having issues connecting a mouse to your XBOX ONE S. I have tried 3 different mice ranging from gaming Corsair mouse. HP wireless mouse and a simple USB mouse. Am I doing something wrong? Pleas help! I already updated my xbox and game and uninstalled and reinstalled my game I only have base game. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,884 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Not sure if this is your problem but you have to have both keyboard and mouse hooked up for it to work. I had tried using a combo of keyboard and controller but that doesn't work. The U.I. fully switches back and forth between console U.I. and PC U.I. on the fly. With keyboard and mouse you can use features like Sims 3 camera mode, hit a button on the controller though and that feature just disappears.

Other than that, I have read that some people have had problems getting their xbox to detect certain Keyboards and Mice but I have no idea which ones those would be. I successfully hooked up an old cruddy wired HP keyboard and mouse and had no problems.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,809 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same on XB1X. Mouse won't work at all. Certain keys on the keyboard work, but the rest don't.

Message 2 of 5 (1,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Not sure if this is your problem but you have to have both keyboard and mouse hooked up for it to work. I had tried using a combo of keyboard and controller but that doesn't work. The U.I. fully switches back and forth between console U.I. and PC U.I. on the fly. With keyboard and mouse you can use features like Sims 3 camera mode, hit a button on the controller though and that feature just disappears.

Other than that, I have read that some people have had problems getting their xbox to detect certain Keyboards and Mice but I have no idea which ones those would be. I successfully hooked up an old cruddy wired HP keyboard and mouse and had no problems.

Message 3 of 5 (1,810 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thanks that was the problem
Message 4 of 5 (1,787 Views)

Re: Xbox One/PS4 Sims 4 Keyboard and Mouse?

★★★ Newbie

Hey my wireless mouse is still not working after i followed the instructions you posted

any advice on how to resolve this issue 

thanks 

Message 5 of 5 (1,766 Views)