Issue Choosing My Own Traits-Sims 4 Xbox One

by Graham41Cracker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue Choosing My Own Traits-Sims 4 Xbox One

★★ Novice

While in CAS, I made my sim with no problem. I was able to name her and change her “walk style” and voice as well. My issue is that no matter what aspiration I choose and which category of that aspiration I join, I cannot change a single one of my traits.. I keep clicking on them, and absolutely nothing happens.. so now my sim is stuck as a snob, quick learner, creative and art lover- NONE OF THESE TRAITS WERE CHOSE BY ME THO.. and I can’t change it. How can this issue be fixed, and has anyone else had the same issue?? Also, prior to this happening, my Sims game deleted itself. I know this happens when your Xbox shuts off while saving, but this isn’t the case. It just randomly deleted every saved game, house and sim I’ve ever created since 2017.. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 1 of 4 (2,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue Choosing My Own Traits-Sims 4 Xbox One

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Graham41Cracker.

Let's give a power-cycle a try on the Xbox One to see if it improves the behavior in Create-A-Sim. 

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will shut down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable.
  3. Wait 30-60 seconds.
  4. Plug the console power cable back in.
  5. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

(More information about restarting and power-cycling your Xbox One)

Once your Xbox One is back up and running, please try entering The Sims 4 again and try to create another Sim. Let us know how it goes for you!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,975 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Graham41Cracker.

Let's give a power-cycle a try on the Xbox One to see if it improves the behavior in Create-A-Sim. 

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will shut down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable.
  3. Wait 30-60 seconds.
  4. Plug the console power cable back in.
  5. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

(More information about restarting and power-cycling your Xbox One)

Once your Xbox One is back up and running, please try entering The Sims 4 again and try to create another Sim. Let us know how it goes for you!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 4 (1,976 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I’m having my friend do the steps above and she is having the exact same issue with her traits. She is unable to change them out or switch them. Do you have any other suggestions especially after the growing together and self discovery traits. She has Xbox One. And she already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it is still not letting her edit traits thanks so much for your time and consideration! If you have any other suggestions that would be lovely! 

Message 3 of 4 (358 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please first check the Console troubleshooting guide and the Compiled list of reported issues to see if your issue is currently being tracked in an open bug report. If not, please feel free to create a brand new thread, and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 4 (313 Views)