Re: HELP!! I just accidently overwritten my main game save file, what should I d

by ErmArmadillo

Original Post

HELP!! I just accidently overwritten my main game save file, what should I do?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

HELP!! I just accidently overwritten my main game save file with my mates sims game, and lost one of the best sims house and game options ever imagined, i spent months and months completely building up, now im so heartbroken to see all of this situation happen, ea, do you know if theres any way I could retrive all that lost data, or is it gone for good? Someone with good programmin skills could help me? not sure if ea has those kinds of people, i really need that save bit back, Im a massive fan of the sims and played all series, one problem i have noticed about your series, is that save data is not layed out properly, and anyone can easily overwrite, had same problem with all other sims games, I heard many people with the same situation too, oh and my sims 4 is on xbox one platform, not pc, if theres ways please help, then I can continue playing sims if i get it back, and at least ea wont lose money then as I regulary buy expansions and features. if you know best way to sort tthis out please do THANKS!!

Message 1 of 12 (22,737 Views)

Re: HELP!! I just accidently overwritten my main game save file, what should I d

Hero

Hi @Whirlwind5089

Moved this to the Console forum.

Does the XBox version have a recover button in the lower right ? 

RecoverSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (22,690 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Nope Frown should it have? any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 12 (22,684 Views)

★★ Novice
Did You Ever Figure Out How To Fix The Issue?
Message 4 of 12 (22,552 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict How do we get to the screen in this picture? I have an xbox one and I have been trying to recover a game as well.
Message 5 of 12 (21,733 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did this on my PS4 and just rewrote my save with an old cloud save (lost about a 2 weeks save progress, but it was better than all of it). Does the XBOX have a cloud save feature?

Message 6 of 12 (21,730 Views)

Hero
@blockhart93 I honestly don't know. Probably works differently on console

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (21,719 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@blockhart93  That image is from the PC version. We don't have it on console. For XB1 you only get cloud backups. For PS4 you can use cloud or a USB to back up saves.  

If you haven't backed up in the cloud or on USB, the save data is lost. This is also the way it works for any console game. Save often, have multiple saves and back your saves up. 

Message 8 of 12 (21,708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper thank u!

Message 9 of 12 (21,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just did the same thing with my save on ps4 and after lots of panicking I found a kinda fix. This is just for playstation and you need to have ps plus. I came across this video which shows you how to restore online backup saves. My most recent was an auto save from 4 days ago so I did loose some progress but it wasn't nearly as devastating as losing my whole save and months of playing. Hopefully other people will find this helpful, good luck guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdQ0Oj3X-Us&feature=youtu.be

Message 10 of 12 (20,450 Views)