Re: Game won’t save - error 22

by Janiely16

Original Post

Game won’t save - error 22

★★★★★ Newbie

For the last week I’ve been unable to save my game I keep getting the message error 22
I’m playing on Xbox one

- I have restarted the app several times

- I have restarted the console several times.. followed the instructions on waiting a few minutes etc

- deleted my gamer tag then readded 

- cleared the MAC address in settings 

- forced an auto save 

- uninstalled the entire game then installed it again

- deleted my save game and reserved space 

and everything else I have read on these forum’s 

I now can’t get through to the tech people -.- 

honestly can someone please help me? 

thanks Shannon 

Message 1 of 8 (1,236 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem with one of my games.  It seems to only be that game though since all of my other saves seem to be working.

• Have you added anything content that you downloaded from the gallery?
  • What packs do you have?
  • Does it do this when playing a specific household?
  • Do you have this problem when playing other games?
  • Have you tried starting a new game to see if the error still occurs?
Message 2 of 8 (1,204 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PenguinFoop I did download something’s from the gallery but I have since been through and deleted everything in my gallery

I’ve got nearly every pack barring two stuff packs
No happening no matter which house hold/lot/world I’m in
No the only other two games I have on Xbox work absolutely fine and all games and Xbox are up to date
And yeah I tried to create a complete new game and am still having the problem 😭😭
Message 3 of 8 (1,199 Views)

★ Guide

@Delverano1639 wrote:
@PenguinFoopI did download something’s from the gallery but I have since been through and deleted everything in my gallery

I’ve got nearly every pack barring two stuff packs
No happening no matter which house hold/lot/world I’m in
No the only other two games I have on Xbox work absolutely fine and all games and Xbox are up to date
And yeah I tried to create a complete new game and am still having the problem 😭😭

Are these sims 4 save games or two entirely different games?  If they're sims 4 save games then the issue sounds like it's a corrupted save file.

Sorry I wasn't clear with the original response.

Message 4 of 8 (1,197 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PenguinFoop Aw sorry yeah two entirely different games (red dead and farm simulator)
On my Sims game I have three different saves all of them unable to save
Message 5 of 8 (1,158 Views)

★ Guide

Well, we can be fairly certain that it's not an xbox issue for you since the other titles save properly.  However, it appears that your issue is different than mine.  As I said mine is only a single saved game that I can't access where yours is all games.

What I would suggest and it will take a while; uninstall the base game and all packs then reinstall just the base game and see if you can save from there.  If so, start installing each pack then try to save before installing the next pack.  See if it's the base game that's become corrupt or perhaps one of the packs.

I'm no expert on sims issues but do have experience as a phone tech support agent for computers and basically that's always the best bet.  Start from scratch and change things incrementally until we find the problem, if possible.

Message 6 of 8 (1,128 Views)

★ Guide

I stand corrected.  Another save game has become corrupt.  This is three games in a row that are now not working.  

Message 7 of 8 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice
@PenguinFoop Hi 👋🏻. I’ve been having the same issue of not being able to save because of error 22 on my Xbox 1. I did everything everyone seem to suggested and nothing. But after reading some comments. The last update ea did seem to have blocked every house up on the gallery that has paintings and pictures that contain CC. And sadly almost everything on the gallery has it. At first i remember it was working completely fine. But ever since the last update it became corrupted at least thats how the game is reading it.
Message 8 of 8 (1,052 Views)