Game keeps crashing ps4

by Kathyde88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game keeps crashing ps4

★★★ Newbie

Since I downloaded all the new updates and island living my game keeps crashing!!! I don't know what to do!! I paid 40$ for island living and waited patiently to play and now I can't.. 

Message 1 of 32 (3,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game keeps crashing ps4

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reports, we know this is not fun at all and the team is working on fixing this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'm going to close this thread and ask you to go here if your game is crashing when building doors and/or windows: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Game-crashes-when-building-doors/td-p/8027601. That way we can have a single discussion with all the information in the same place.

If the game is crashing for you under different circumstances, please, open a new thread with as many details as possible: what are you doing when the game crashes? What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Did it start just after the last update?

Thanks!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (3,150 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I cannot place a door with the game completely crashing. It did this three times in build mode. I was so excited for this update and now well...... 

Message 2 of 32 (3,580 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Kathyde88 I'm playing on Xbox one, and I'm having the same problem. I also didn't get the new loading screen or create a sim features either. I've called EA tech support 2xs and no one has been able to fix it.
Message 3 of 32 (3,560 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine keeps doing this aswell 

Message 4 of 32 (3,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, not get any expansions on PS4 game just one stuff pack, was in build mode and lost everything 😩

Message 5 of 32 (3,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Think I will hold off playing it until a fix has been done to rectify this as it has the latest update and it was ok before this too.

Message 6 of 32 (3,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m on Xbox One, and I have the same problem. I put in a couple of slatted doors and it crashes. I recommend saving frequently, so if you lose the lot you can get it back.

@ukgamer4life18 wrote:

Think I will hold off playing it until a fix has been done to rectify this as it has the latest update and it was ok before this too.

Message 7 of 32 (3,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Kathyde88 Mine is as well crashed like 4 times now.
Message 8 of 32 (3,357 Views)

★★★ Novice

Add me to the growing list of people having this issue. I have tried several times to enter build mode and every single time it crashed mid build. Most of the time the crash happened when placing a door. Once it just crashed as I was building a wall. I am on the PS4.

Message 9 of 32 (3,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here! Every single time I go to place a door during build mode, it crashes. It’s happened at least five or more times today. Tried un/reinstalling it, the whole “turn it off and turn it back on” troubleshooting method, and restarted my PS4. Nothing’s working. Going to stay off of it until there’s an update to fix it. 

@rjosiah84 wrote:

I cannot place a door with the game completely crashing. It did this three times in build mode. I was so excited for this update and now well...... 

Message 10 of 32 (3,214 Views)