Game crashes my entire ps4

by PowerPuffPunk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes my entire ps4

★★★ Novice

I have just installed sims 4 from the psn store and it keeps crashing my ps4. It turns it completely off without any warning or error message. I have tried restarting, reinstalling and everything is up to date. This only seems to happen when I go into and play a house but seems completely random apart from that. This is obviously making the game completely unplayable. Help!

Message 1 of 9 (587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes my entire ps4

Hero (Retired)

@PowerPuffPunk  Are you loading a premade household or one you downloaded? Which household if so, and what lot?

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (513 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@PowerPuffPunk Can you turn your console completely off, unplug it, and check all the vents for proper ventilation. Make sure the area around the console is free of dust and that all the ports on the console are open so the PS4 gets adequate ventilation. If your console is inside a TV stand or other compartment, make sure there is nothing blocking the front of the TV stand like a door or curtain.

Message 2 of 9 (551 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I've done all that, theres plenty room for ventilation 

Message 3 of 9 (535 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PowerPuffPunk Are you using a regular PS4, a Pro or a Slim?

Message 4 of 9 (521 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Regular
Message 5 of 9 (515 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PowerPuffPunk  Are you loading a premade household or one you downloaded? Which household if so, and what lot?

Message 6 of 9 (514 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper A premade one. In oasis springs. Moved into sandtrap flat. I'll try another one and see if it makes a difference.
Message 7 of 9 (504 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PowerPuffPunk There's a thread for this happening for PC here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Traveling-to-lots-boots-back-to-map-cras... 

It's caused by the game not fully installing or patching. Or perhaps a patch corruption. This results in the game not being complete and causing the full crash. 

Uninstall the game, shut your console completely down. You can do this by pressing and holding the power button on the front for about 7 seconds until the light bar on the top darkens. Then you can go back in to the library and reinstall the game. Please make sure to let it completely install and update before launching and see if that corrects the crashing. 

Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 8 of 9 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper This was the issue, I moved houses and "worlds" and haven't had a problem since. Thankyou
Message 9 of 9 (444 Views)