Re: Game claims new content was installed upon quick resume

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game claims new content was installed upon quick resume

★★★ Newbie

I play the Sims 4 on Xbox series s and after having all content installed I find that if I use quick resume to return to the game it claims that new content was installed and will tell me I have to restart the game every time.

Message 1 of 10 (1,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@shinestar12589 

The downloads for SDX are a bit different, if you want to be sure you've turned those automatic downloads off, you'd head to Game Options-> Sims Delivery and uncheck the box there for automatic downloads. However, I would recommend leaving this turned on, as sometimes in-game issues are quickly patched through SDX deliveries. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (920 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @shinestar12589,

It sounds like the new content you're seeing are the SDX deliveries. These tend to drop a couple times a month and include new base game Build/Buy items, new scenarios, and new CAS items.

You can read up a bit more on what these deliveries are in the article here

solaire.png

Message 2 of 10 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought it was that as well but I stopped the auto download and it will still do it.

Message 3 of 10 (925 Views)

Community Manager

@shinestar12589 

The downloads for SDX are a bit different, if you want to be sure you've turned those automatic downloads off, you'd head to Game Options-> Sims Delivery and uncheck the box there for automatic downloads. However, I would recommend leaving this turned on, as sometimes in-game issues are quickly patched through SDX deliveries. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 10 (921 Views)

Champion

@EA_Solaire I've got this happening daily for the past week and twice on Monday 13th March. Another player just told me they haven't had any of them. I'm on Xbox Series S.

If I don't restart my console and try to play anyway, I get jittery animations and glitching sound. It actually interrupted my game on Monday to notify me that new content was installed and I needed to restart.

I'm wondering if this should be happening. If it's working as it should be then that's fine but I want to make sure.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 5 of 10 (617 Views)

Community Manager

Hiya @simsplayer818 

What game version are you currently using? 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 10 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Solairehi there, it was happening on version 1.70.3.2310.
I've since updated it to the current version 1.71. I haven't had it for a couple of days since it updated.
Other players don't seem to have had these SDX messages I've had, it's more common when my console does a Quick Resume.

Edit: I've tested this today. I loaded up my game and didn't get the message as my game went through the full loading process. I then forced a Quick Resume and got the message again. I've attached an image.

Message 7 of 10 (577 Views)

★ Novice

I get this same problem. I know that there isn't any SDX drops but I keep getting the pop up while I play. Sometimes I get it twice in one sitting. And when I press no I don't want to restart sometimes my objects in gane disappears so I have no choice but to restart.

Message 8 of 10 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

It happens to me every time I use Quick Resume. I dread it happening. When my game is loading up I hope it doesn't do a Quick Resume or I know I just have to switch off and start again.

I'm changing consoles next week to series X so I'll see if it starts happening on my new console as well.

Edit: Figured out a workaround for this. In the Xbox X/S settings, Quick Resume is shown as a Group. So by going into Groups and removing Sims 4 from the Quick Resume Group it stops this from happening.

Message 9 of 10 (475 Views)

Champion

I can confirm this is happening on Xbox Series X too.

I have to check Sims 4 isn't in the Quick Resume Group and remove it if it is before loading it or I get this message. It's definitely nothing to do with SDX. It's the game getting confused by the Quick Resume function and incorrectly producing the SDX message.

Message 10 of 10 (403 Views)