[Fixed][PS4] Sims 4 Freezing/Random Crashing Endless Loading Patch 1.33 - 1.37

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed][PS4] Sims 4 Freezing/Random Crashing Endless Loading Patch 1.33 - 1.37

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please update your game to Version 1.38 This issue is fixed with Patch 1.38.

For any other issue, please read this thread [Read First][Current Issues] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.38 (Feb 25 Update)

Patch 1.33 (Nov 10th) included a bug with Seasons, where Father Winter (Not Clement Frost) would duplicate infinitely, fill your save and cause freezing/lagging/endless loading. The issue was patched with 1.35. and fixed in 1.38.

Important! 

• UPDATE: This has been patched in 1.38! Update your game and load your households to apply the fix. [Reference] New saves are not affected by the Father Winter duplication issue as of Patch 1.35 [Reference]

• Please also see this thread for more information Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.35) 
    • If you cannot get a household to load at all in your save, there may be no way to recover it even with the fix. It requires a household to be loaded to begin the culling process. A tutorial/help page for saving your sims to your library is here Save & Share a Household. The gallery portion isn't relevant for simply moving sims to another save.

PS4 Update and Power Instructions

Spoiler

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

These crashes can happen randomly, and are not reproducible. Please always submit a video, a note and a crash report when the game crashes using the PS4 Report Tool on your console.

If the crash is specific, you can reproduce it, or it comes with a specific error code like 102, 122, 134, etc (CE-34878-0 is not a specific error code) please post a bug report in the bug forums.

The following is general troubleshooting for the PS4.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

Spoiler
  • Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

Spoiler
  • Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

Spoiler

Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

Select a game or application.

Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 11 of 280 (12,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Fixed][PS4] Sims 4 Freezing/Random Crashing Endless Loading Patch 1.33 - 1.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This issue has been patched with Version 1.38, please update your game and load your household to apply the fix.

• Was your game save feeling the pressure to not continue with the Winterfest spirit? So were we. We have applied a fix that should help with the culling of extra Father Winters... affecting some saves. The Culling (it’s like The Happening, so something will happen… we hope) should start when loading into a Lot. Simmers with low-end machines and many, many Father Winters... in saves, may take some time (possibly hours… that is real-life hours, not Sim hours… just in case) for The Culling to complete. Afterward, Simmers should see an improvement in performance when playing these saves.

View in thread

Message 268 of 280 (8,289 Views)

All Replies

Good news?

★★★★ Novice

I just noticed right now that my game updated to the 1.34 patch update as soon as my game crashed a min ago. Going to try playing again and see if anything has changed. 
Let me know if anyone else has success playing w/o crashes. Fingers crossed this fixed the issue!🤞🏼🤞🏼

Message 1 of 280 (12,490 Views)

[PS4] Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.34

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am still getting crashes, although after longer sessions.

PS4 released a system update to 8.01 today.  I downloaded that, then downloaded the SIMS 1.34.  Restarted the system. Played a recent save with full volume, after about 45 minutes I get a CE-34878-0 crash during normal speed gameplay in live mode.  This is an improvement to the previous crashes after ~5 minutes.

(CM: edited to update thread title following split from thread on patch 1.33 crashing)

Message 2 of 280 (12,645 Views)

Anyone still experiencing crashes on PS4 after patch 1.34?

★★ Novice

Hi everyone:

We are still experiencing constant crashing on our PS4. The latest patch didn't really solve anything for us. We deleted the game, reinstalled it, and no change whatsoever. We can get about 20 min of gameplay tops before it crashes.

Any tips or thoughts?

Message 3 of 280 (12,505 Views)

Happened again...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Updated to the new patch. Was able to play for a solid 3 hours no crashes at all, everything smoothly like normal. Then when I went to “Manage World” and was looking at my online profile and my creations in my library. The entire game crashed once again but this time forced restarted my PS4 as well. The blue error screen came back again, I don’t understand what’s going on.

I just started playing again I’ll update if it happens again....😞😤

@ulibari808Same here, I was able to play for 3 hours until it crashed again.
It’s been an improvement in time but still occurring. I do have all my audio settings up as well.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 4 of 280 (12,504 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 sims still freezing after 1.34 update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Updated to 1.33 and started getting crashing/ freezing errors. Updated this morning to version 1.34 and updated my PS4 just to be sure. Still getting freezing issues.

I've shared a link of a video of the issues. Also it took me around 10 mins to load from my ps4 home screen into my game which is alot longer than usual. Couldnt add it as a file as it is too large.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/p3jGFX5urjKX

Message 5 of 280 (12,446 Views)

Crash every 10mins

★★★ Novice

I'm still getting the same crash as prior to patch 1.34. This patch was supposed to fix the issue, but nothing has been fixed.

Come on EA fix your freaking game. I pre-ordered the DLC and it's been over a week now and I still cannot play the game normally without crashing every 10 minutes 

One of the worst user experience by far. I will ask for a refund, I've been patient long enough... 

Message 6 of 280 (12,382 Views)

Re: Crash every 10mins

Hero (Retired)
@empirer2 What platform are you playing on?
Message 7 of 280 (12,374 Views)

Endless Loading PS4

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Get to Work, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Moschino Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spa Day, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Dine Out, Island Living, Parenthood, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a household on Sims 4 in Snowy Escape on PS4.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game gets stuck on the last loading screen where the green bar is already full but it won’t take me to their house to play. It’s the loading screen after you select which house to play.
What do you expect to see? It should take me to their household but it freezes on the loading screen forever. I can never make it into the household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This started happening after the frequent crashes after I downloaded Snowy Escape. I thought the update would fix it but it did not. The words at the top will keep changing and the green diamond will spin but it never goes to the household. I’ve waited over an hour numerous times and I’ve restarted it numerous times. Originally my game would just crash every 5 minutes or so after I got Snowy Escape but ever since the 15th, it never goes past the loading screen once I select the household to play in the Snowy Escape neighborhood. I thought the update would fix it but it did not. It only happens on my saved game that lives in Snowy Escape. I successfully loaded a game and household that I had played prior to downloading Snowy Escape. 

Message 8 of 280 (11,866 Views)

Re: Endless Loading PS4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mika2519 A few things to try.

1. Load a different household and see if you can get past the load screen. If so, go back to the original household and see if it now loads.
  2. Move the household to another lot (like an empty one, have them sell all the furniture at the original house). See if you can load the household on the new lot.
  3. If you can load the household on the new lot, then try to load their old house in build mode. If everything loads fine, go back to the household you moved and use their phone to move them back. See if everything loads fine.

Edit: Did you have winterfest recently on that save with Father Winter? If so, did he appear?

Message 9 of 280 (11,857 Views)