[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Thank you!! This is so helpful.

I think I may have found (at least one) source of the in game crashing. It happens after sims take a picture. I had a sim take a picture and a few seconds later my PS4 crashed. I went back in and had another sim take a picture (tried with 2 different cameras) & switched back out of camera mode and the game crashed a few seconds later.
Message 31 of 377 (2,757 Views)

Re: traveling and cas causing crashes

Hero
@Kat3oh3294 Moving this to the console forum for troubleshooting.

Hopefully someone here can assist you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 377 (2,354 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@manolobeach  The issues with the camera's were fixed in the December patch. The patch notes are available right on this forum, stickied to the top. 

Please ensure your game is fully updated. PS4 had a system update today as well, so please be sure you have both the updates.

If you are fully up to date, and have completed the other troubleshooting steps, but not reinstalled the game, I would recommend you uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. 

Message 33 of 377 (3,050 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Kat3oh3294  Please Power your Console completely off, let it sit for a few minutes, and then power it back on. The complete guide to properly rebooting your system is located Here. This will also cover the difference between rest mode and a complete shut down.

Please ensure your console and game are fully updated. 

If you have done these things, reinstalling the game can fix any data corruption in the game.

Message 34 of 377 (2,941 Views)

★ Novice

i tried ur suggestion and still got an error crash...i got further than before but the new lot didnt load

Message 35 of 377 (2,919 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Mine is still crashing after both updates. I cant travel at all 😑

Message 36 of 377 (3,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I did the uninstall and reinstall. I backed up my saved games on the online storage and on a flash drive to be safe. It took  hours cause I have all of the packs but it was easy and I had my save files when I loaded back in. It also re-downloaded the update but unfortunately my game still crashes and now my sims freeze when prompted to do something...they didn’t do this before. So now I really don’t know what I can do anymore. This is the only game that crashes on my PS4. They need to fix this, it’s absolutely ridiculous that people are reporting it and nothing is being done to fix it. 

Message 37 of 377 (3,016 Views)

my game is crashing after update version 1.20 on ps4

★★★★★ Apprentice

My screen is black when I am in the Gallery on ps4 and my console resets and says error has occured report problem.

Message 38 of 377 (2,992 Views)

Game crashes when using Gallery in build mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game crashes after latest update version 1.20 when I select build mode then the Gallery.

Message 39 of 377 (3,034 Views)

Re: Game crashes when using Gallery in build mode

Hero (Retired)

@Tigerrun777  I have not experienced any issues. What lot are you trying to place from the gallery? Where are you trying to build?

Message 40 of 377 (3,027 Views)