[Fixed 1.31][PS4] Crashing during travel, save the game, in build mode

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Crash on Ps4

Hero (Retired)

@bruceleroy98 Please read and do all the troubleshooting from this thread here Crash Troubleshooting and Save Sharing if you have exhausted these steps, please share your save as indicated in the troubleshooting post.

Message 341 of 377 (898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not going through all of that when clearly it hasn't helped us from the numerous other saves that have been uploaded. This can't be the only way that they realize problems as a lot of the players don't even log into this forum. Just recognize the bug and fix it please.

Message 342 of 377 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice

Last night, I tried to play numerous households in Oasis Springs and each of them crashed.

Anna & Courtney: CRASHED

Brigitta & Sakura: CRASHED

Pina & Jodie: CRASHED

Laura & Katherine: CRASHED

Beverly & Zoe: CRASHED

A couple of months ago, they would've loaded perfectly first go. For some others households, it takes 3 goes to get it to load but if it hasn't after 3 consecutive tries, no luck. So now, no households in Del Sol Valley, Windenberg, Brindleton Bay, Oasis Springs and several others elsewhere will load. WHY???

Why won't you fix this EA!!! I am losing my game, my beloved Sims that I have come to adore every single day since they were created years ago and EA won't do a single thing about it.

Message 343 of 377 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain they took our money and give us the run around while still releasing new content. It’s greedy sad and mean and that’s me stating facts mildly . 

Message 344 of 377 (821 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on PS4 each time sims travel to another lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello! I was able to figure out how to share a saved file, this crashing happens to happen when I go from build mode to live mode.

Some observations of when the game crashes"

1. Going from Build Mode to Live Mode

2. Going to the 'Acting' job which makes me suspicious that this happens whenever you do any job from 'Get to Work'

3. Traveling from an owned business (This happens to me when I go from my vet clinic to home and vice versa)

3. Simstigraming anything so I can develop the photography skill

4. During gatherings weather their at the sim's home or somewhere else

5. When going into managing a household through a mirror or through managing world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GdARL5XGdQ

I would really appreciate any help! As many of the other users stated I own almost all of the packs. I just don't own around 3 packs, I would like to purchase them but obviously I'm already having so many issues with the ones I have.

Please help!!!!

Message 345 of 377 (790 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

★★★ Newbie

@kushxxo wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? gp06.109
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything. (Including eco)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I load a family on my game, it gives me this error. (made a new save as well and same problem)
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a blue screen, followed by error code CE-34878-0
What do you expect to see? I expect to play my game that I put tons of money into...instead im getting this error and cant play the game at all!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this happen after the hotfix on June 5th.

I'm really pissed off that I cant even play my sims game now...I keep getting this error on ps4...I bought the eco pack yesterday as well...I dont know if that's the problem. Whenever I load a family, it looks like its loading then crashes and gives me Error CE-34878-0.

I have deleted my game, reinstalled it TWICE! I have made a NEW SAVE! and get the same problem..Fix your dam game!! the patch from yesterday did nothing!!! bs 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Same thing for me. My game crashes when I go from build mode to play mode, travel to another lot, going with my sim to work. I have all packs there is (as you know A LOT of money!) and this started for me in June too. I’ve also done everything you have with trouble shooting. Nothing helps. I even moved my household, built a new hous on another lot. Anything to make it work. Stil the same thing.

Why spend this much money and not being able to play? I’m outraged!!! 🤬

Message 346 of 377 (1,219 Views)

★ Apprentice

If anyone is curious there is now a new issue. The game crashes when trying to save. I could handle knowing when it crashed and how to manage around that but this is a new level. Trying to save my game crashes the entire application, worse off there is no contact number we can use to reach out to support. They only support the CA privacy act. I think their neglecting the PS4 product for a few reasons:

1. It isn't a part of the larger revenue base for EA or the Sims game in general so why bother fixing it

2. They already have my money which I want someone to confirm I CAN'T get back

I am shocked that a company this big is this insincere with it's user base. The only one responding to my messages is another gamer who doesn't have control on assisting me. I think we all deserve at least a phone call considering how much money I know a lot of us have put into purchasing these packs. Before I bought almost all the packs the system worked great. How was I to know by investing more money the whole thing would blow up.

Message 347 of 377 (726 Views)

★ Guide

Is there any update on this crashing issue?? I crashed 4 times within one hour last night - twice when trying to move a Sim into a new household, once when exiting CAS and another time when traveling. Tonight I just crashed AGAIN within my first half hour of playing just trying to travel my Sim to a restaurant for a date. Seriously?? The game is essentially unplayable and takes something that should be fun and relaxing and makes it completely frustrating and impossible to enjoy. Not to mention a tremendous waste of money. Users have troubleshooted to death, only for none of it to help, and I’m sure plenty of save files have been sent, yet nothing has been fixed. Absolutely shameful on EA’s part. 

Message 348 of 377 (667 Views)

★ Guide

So I restarted the game after it crashed trying to travel my Sim to a date. Tried again to travel him and this time he made it there. Had a lovely date. Tried to travel him back home and CRASH. Game crashed again. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 349 of 377 (662 Views)

★ Guide

So tonight, my Actor Sim had an acting gig. Spent two Sim days waiting for the gig, did all of the prep tasks to get ready, clicked on “Join” when it was time to go to the gig and during the loading screen to go the the acting gig........you guessed it.........CRASH. Restarted the game, waited the 8 - 10 minutes it takes to reload all the way back into the household, and when I got back into the game it was exactly 7:00 pm - the time the gig was supposed to start - but the gig is now gone. It’s not prompting her to go and it’s not even showing she has the gig anymore. So just more wasted time and effort. Yay. So much fun. 

Message 350 of 377 (633 Views)