Betreff: Game crashes when saving and in build mode

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

IT'S HAPPENING! They just realized a fix for our bug - let's hope that it actually resolves it this time. Looks like a fairly major download and the PS4 fix is listed upfront: https://simscommunity.info/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-update-september-3rd-2020/ Hallelujah! 

Message 371 of 377 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was actually near tears when I saw the fix in the patch notes, I was NOT expecting it so I've stopped looking for it..that's pretty messed up as to how much this has been a severe frustration and game breaking issue for so many of us.  I really hope that it has been resolved for everyone and that it is a permanent fix.  I'm crossing everything for y'all (and myself) that it works!!!!!

Message 372 of 377 (1,330 Views)

★ Guide
@manolobeach Yes!!!! I started having these issues on my year long save file earlier this year and hadn’t been able to play it since. Started a new save file and just started to have the problem again, making it unplayable. So far, after about 30 minutes of Sims still being slow to respond, it’s not crashed going in and out of Build Mode but I noticed a certain door I have throughout a good bit of the house on external walls appear like they’re missing (blended into the wall) but with the wall down, it’s visible....
I just had to close out the game app after I saved because it got stuck on the menu after it completed the save 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will we ever win!!!?
Message 373 of 377 (1,307 Views)

★ Guide

I haven’t played in a couple of days so I just saw the update file and installed it. I looked at the Patch Notes and I am beyond excited that this update should include a fix!!! I’m loading in right now to play and I’m super excited but also trying to go in with cautious expectations. **FINGERS CROSSED** I’m going to play as freely as I’m supposed to be able to play (traveling and going in and out of Build Mode as often as I want) and I will see what happens. I’ll post either later or tomorrow with my experience playing tonight. Good luck everyone! :-) 

Message 374 of 377 (1,293 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 Unfortunately the update didn’t stop my game from crashing
Message 375 of 377 (1,278 Views)

★ Guide
@Massacre-Redrum Oh no! Really??! I was just coming on here to excitedly report that after playing for hours, traveling 8 times (including to an Acting Gig and back) and going in and out of Build/Buy Mode 3 or 4 separate times, my game did NOT crash once!! I wonder why the update would seem to have helped my game/save file - but not yours...??
Message 376 of 377 (1,265 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @Massacre-Redrum,

Thanks for letting us know. Could you open a new fresh thread please? We'll lock this one here in the meantime as the patch should have fixed the crashes and if it's continuing for some it'll be a different cause. A new thread will help us with tracking and investigating the reports from post patch. Standard smile

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 377 of 377 (1,247 Views)