Betreff: Game crashes when saving and in build mode

by KEW0701

Original Post

Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I just opened a bug report for the photo lag/freeze/crash issue.
Message 361 of 377 (1,490 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on PS4 each time sims travel to another lot

★ Guide

OMG. My game just crashed 4 times in about a 2 hour period. One from taking a “photo” to paint by reference. (I did submit a separate bug report for that.) The last 3 times have been all trying to travel my Sim home from the Casbah Art Gallery. She had a fun night, I try to travel her home. CRASH. Restart game, wait the 8 - 10 minutes to get back in. Try to travel her home again. CRASH. Restart the game, wait the 8 - 10 minutes to get back in. Try to travel her home yet again. CRASH. I’ve literally spent the last 30+ minutes staring at error screens and reloading screens. When is this issue going to be fixed?? It’s been know about for months, if not longer. Why do we hear nothing?? How is this still going on??? I’m so mad, frustrated and disappointed. 

Message 362 of 377 (1,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve been experiencing the same issue (when I travel more than once.) It seems that a very small portion of the community is experiencing it. If only someone could gain notice to the issue. All EA cares about is pushing out new content rather than fixing the bugs. Have you reinstalled your game? I have yet to do so. I’ve rebuilt the data base though... still crashes. 

Message 363 of 377 (1,617 Views)

★ Guide

I have reinstalled the game once already. I’ve rebuilt my database numerous times. My Sims is updated and my PS4 is updated. I’ve done everything they recommend, short of reinitializing my PS4. I’m not going to do that because I know from other users, like all the other things they tell you to try, it doesn’t help. :-( 

Message 364 of 377 (1,621 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EmySims04Hi! So you uninstalled Discover University? Do you play on PS4 or PC? 

Message 365 of 377 (1,607 Views)

Re: PS4 Game Crashes when Switching Between Build Mode and Live Mode

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. The most receny pack I installed was Vampires but things seemed ok after that, the issues started after the recent August game update. The game started crashing when switching modes but also randomly as well. I updated the Playstation software after noticing there was a file outstanding and hoped that would fix it but it's still happening, especially when going to manage worlds and sometimes opening the gallery etc. It's super frustrating and I can't figure out how to stop it. The game has occasionally crashed in the past but then been ok again, now this has become a consistent issue. 

Message 366 of 377 (1,570 Views)

Game crashes when entering CAS, build mode and the loading screen

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, cats and dogs, discover university, get to work, get together, city living, island living, get famous, seasons, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, my first pet stuff, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard stuff, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Entering create a sim, build mode, travelling through worlds, going to work.. anything that goes to the loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game completely crashes whenever the loading screen comes up and then brings up a message saying “an error has occurred in the following application: (CE-34878-0)
What do you expect to see? The game to carry on as normal once exiting the loading screen or coming out of build mode but it just crashes every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The game started to crash every time I entered build mode, CAS or brought up the loading screen when I updated the game to version 1.30

My game has been glitchy ever since the big patch in June that added fire fighters to the game however it was playable but since the latest 1.30 update my game is completely unplayable, my sims can no longer go to work (scientist) because the game crashes as it brings up the loading screen, it crashes whenever I enter CAS or travel through worlds and it also crashes whenever I come out of build mode, it will also occasionally crash when I haven’t entered build mode, CAS or the loading screen but it happens literally every time I bring up the loading screen which is making it extremely difficult to play as I cannot travel to find collection items, to go to work or to explore the game fully. 

Message 367 of 377 (1,542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 It seems the only replies we're getting are copy and paste instructions that basically everyone has already tried along with the “contact Sony.” It has little to do with Sony and more to do with EA. It sucks this problem hasn’t been resolved yet.
Message 368 of 377 (1,538 Views)

Re: Game crashes when entering CAS, build mode and the loading screen

Hero
@MinniesEden Merged your post with the PS4 crashing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 369 of 377 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 Hii. I play bevor on ps4 and it works (*Discover University uninstalled!). So i have a Hardware Problem on my ps4. Then i have the xbox one s and i works for the first time! Alter 1,2 monht the Problem comes back... so now i uninstalled Discover University Frown((
Message 370 of 377 (1,506 Views)