Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by gmcrane

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashes on PS4 each time sims travel to another lot

★★★★ Novice
@gmcrane I wanted to confirm I'm having the same issues with the game crashing everytime I try to go to with my Sim to the Scientist career which back ups your Get to Work theory. I've also noticed it going with Build Mode to Live Mode and Saving (sporadically - every 30 ish minutes.)

**The problem with saving is REALLY problematic since this is absolutely the worst time for the game to crash**

I only just downloaded Eco Living which seems to be roughly linked to when the problems started happening for me but obviously they have pre-existed for a lot of other people and since it's not possible to remove one DLC on PS4, it's basically impossible as a user to test
Message 351 of 377 (945 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on PS4 each time sims travel to another lot

★ Guide

To continue my Chonicles of Crashing: tonight’s first crash was caused by taking a photograph. Silly me. My sim has a new boyfriend and I wanted them to take a photo together. She took the photo, it exited out of the camera mode, and CRASH. Foolish me had forgotten to save for a while because I wasn’t planning on traveling, going into CAS or Build Mode. It’s been so long since I’ve taken a photo since it typically causes problems, but I did it on a crazy whim without saving first and it cost me over an hour of playing time/game progress.

So happy to see that we are still struggling with these terrible crashing issues but EA is getting ready to release a new Star Wars themed pack to grab more money. Another shining example of why they’ve been named The Worst Company in America multiple times and also made the top 5 of Most Hated Companies in America. 

Message 352 of 377 (937 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem 🤬🤬🤬

Message 353 of 377 (749 Views)

Sims 4 error code (CE-34878-0) sims

★★★★★ Apprentice

This error code results in my game crashing. It seems to only crash when I travel more than once... or entering build mode to edit a build (after excessive traveling.) Has anyone else experienced this? 

Message 354 of 377 (936 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code (CE-34878-0) sims

Hero (Retired)

@Massacre-Redrum I've merged your post with the thread on this issue. Please read and do all the troubleshooting from this thread here Crash Troubleshooting and Save Sharing if you have exhausted these steps, please share your save as indicated in the troubleshooting post.

Message 355 of 377 (918 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna Are we going to hear about resolutions for these issues? It seems to crash in a number of scenarios:

1. Taking any photo
2. Traveling for work
3. Traveling in general
4. Going from Build Mode to Live Mode
5. When it crashes with the acting career it completely wipes out the last job you had if you try to 'join'
6. SAVING <---this is the most unreal crash
7. Gatherings, weather their at the lot your at or if you go to a new lot it crashes in the middle

This is a ton of game play that isn't working. Is there any resolution here? Or are we just having to wait for the PS5 to come out? Which I personally think is a disregard for current players.
Message 356 of 377 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gmcrane Crashing while taking a photo is not covered in this thread. Please open a bug report in the bug forum.

Message 357 of 377 (898 Views)

PS4 Game Crashes When Trying to Save

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30.54.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion Pack, Every Game Pack, Every stuff pack except Moschino and Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save a game, it happens before you are able to save successfully
What happens when the bug occurs? PS4 displays ERROR CE-34878-0
What do you expect to see? The game crashes completely
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For about a week, my game has been crashing sporadically when I go to save my game. It happens when I open the save the menu and before i am able to save successfully. I am playing on a PS4 and the game exits entirely and displays ERROR CE-34878-0. It does not auto-save and wipes out all previous gameplay from the last hard save. Since saving is the function to prevent loss from crashes, this is a really crippling and gameplay impacting bug. Other is the PS4 thread here describe a similar issue. I have every pack except Moschino and Movie Hangout Stuff installed. 

Message 358 of 377 (798 Views)

PS4 Game Crashes when Switching Between Build Mode and Live Mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30.54.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion Pack, Every Game Pack, Every stuff pack except Moschino and Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Switch between Build Mode and Live mode multiple times over the course of several minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes completely
What do you expect to see? PS4 displays ERROR CE-34878-0
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Within the past two weeks, my game has started crashing when I switch between build and buy mode. The game crashes completely and my PS4 display the general error ERROR CE-34878-0. I have tried the basic troubleshooting tips suggested in other threads with no success. I have every DLC except Moschino Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff installed, but only recently installed Eco Living, Vampires, and Strangerville which is approximately when I noticed these issues started. It appears other people are having the same problems for much longer, including with other issues with the Get to Work pack that I have also been experiencing (as evidenced in this thread)  although I have had Get to Work installed for months previously and have never had any issues before the past 2 weeks. Please help!! 

Message 359 of 377 (815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I made a new bug report threads for the saving issue here and for the build mode to live mode crash here. I haven't personally experienced the other bugs yet but that's because I use them less in my gameplay and it's hard to duplicate as one off's since they happen occasionally. 

Message 360 of 377 (881 Views)