Re: Sims 4 ERROR CE-34878-0?

by midtwilightblue

Original Post

Re: Crash on Ps4

Hero (Retired)

@kenadieiler 

Please read and do all the troubleshooting here Crash Troubleshooting and Save Sharing if you have exhausted these steps, please share your save as indicated in the troubleshooting post.

Message 311 of 377 (639 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Please update your game to V1.29

PS4 Update and Power Instructions.

Spoiler

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

If the game is still crashing on Travel, Exiting the CAS/Build mode, or when Saving and Exiting please let me know.

Message 312 of 377 (554 Views)

★ Guide

I’m on PS4, how do I find the save file to send? I report crashes directly from the error code to PlayStation but apparently that’s never been enough.

Message 313 of 377 (816 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@midtwilightblue You can find your saves the following way:
From the Dashboard go to Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in System Storage>Copy to USB storage Device. From there select The Sims 4 and then select your save you wish to copy to the USB drive.

Once your save is on the USB drive, you can use your PC to upload the save to Google Drive or Onedrive and then PM a link to the SimGuruNick who's been asking for them.
Message 314 of 377 (801 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Thank you for your reply and the steps but there was a way mentioned to use social media, since I do not have a working PC. Is that possible the same steps you mentioned but not selecting USB drive?
Message 315 of 377 (796 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@midtwilightblue If you want to use your phone to transfer files, you'd need an SD Card to USB adapter, provided your phone has an SD card. You can use those words for a search and find a local or online retailer selling those if you do not have one. Otherwise I am not sure how you'd do it without using a PC.
Message 316 of 377 (735 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I will try to test my game the next time I play it. I updated to V1.29 and have played since then, but honestly I’m so conditioned at this point to try to avoid the triggers, I can’t remember if I’ve done too many of them. Unfortunately it really limits how I play. I will purposely test it next time I play. I did learn that going into CAS and going into Build Mode from the Manage Worlds screen, as opposed to going in and out from within a household, does significantly reduce the crashing for those things, but it’s a very inconvenient and time consuming workaround. I started crashing more and more when traveling though and I don’t think there’s really a workaround for that so that’s been a very gameplay-limiting issue. I will play test and if I do continue to crash I will try to send over my save file to look at. Thanks!
Message 317 of 377 (655 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

★ Guide

I have never had any blue screen on PS4 before I have bought Get Famous and University too. Once they were installed, blue screens started. With Eco, more and more.

Message 318 of 377 (1,203 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

★ Novice

This happens to me all the time and I have no idea what to do 

Message 319 of 377 (621 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

Hero (Retired)

@Samusaranhayter Please read and do all the troubleshooting from this thread here Crash Troubleshooting and Save Sharing if you have exhausted these steps, please share your save as indicated in the troubleshooting post.

There's also this post here [Read First][Current Issue] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.29 (July 23 Update)

Message 320 of 377 (707 Views)