Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by adamclark83

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashes every time I play it.(PS4)

★ Novice

Yeah I have a ps4 I don’t have any mods & I’m having that same problem... my game would crash when I try to travel and leave build mode. I have a few cheats enabled but never had this problem before... I am using a house that I downloaded from another user but I’ve used one of their house before I believe. I don’t know what could be the problem... 

Message 201 of 377 (2,729 Views)

[PS4] Sims 4 crashes after DLing University DLC

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently downloaded the Discover University DLC and now 9/10 times the game crashes when travelling to a new lot, switching from build mode to live mode, exiting create a sim, exiting style makeovers, exiting the dresser, and (the most frustrating) exiting the photo mode after taking photos of another Sim.

Error: (CE-34878-0)

I'm considering just uninstalling the DLC, but the photos I'm doing have been part of the Clubs add-on, which I'd enjoy if it weren't for all the crashing.

Cats & Dogs + Strangerville came w a whole host of new glitches, but none turned out as game breaking as this new full crashing issue.

Is this a common problem?

Message 202 of 377 (2,761 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims 4 crashes after DLing University DLC

Hero (Retired)

@TGiTacks  Try deleting your auto save, then loading your game using your last actual save. See if that helps.  There's a very long thread here with users having this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

As you are on PS4 you can share any crashing saves with the team using the above link.

Message 203 of 377 (2,728 Views)

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Hi, my sims is doing the same. I’ve got all the packs, done all the suggestions, updated, deleted everything, reinstalled, safe mode, check of auto save, boost, I’ve done this 7 times and eveytime I get 10mins -1hr of game play, I’ve notice it crashes when going from build mode to live play and screen turns black then blue to report error. What else can be done?
Message 204 of 377 (2,743 Views)

Re: Sims4 PS4 crashing continuously!

★★★ Novice
@RudeHeroX Me too, I can’t even get 10mins in, ive notice it’s from build to live mode. I’ve bought all the packs, no happy that after all this time we are still having issues. People have been complaining for over 2 years! I either want a proper fix or refund! Over $500 CAD it’s not worth the frustration!
Message 205 of 377 (3,230 Views)

Re: Sims4 keeps crashing

Hero (Retired)

@b3cksta  

Try deleting your auto save while in the game, then loading your game using your last actual save. See if that helps.  There's a very long thread here with users having this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

If you are on PS4 you can share any crashing saves with the team using the above link.

Message 206 of 377 (3,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as Accepted Solution for visibility purposes

Hi folks, 

Thank you for your reports on the crashes you've experienced. There's been a lot of advice shared in this thread. I've gathered it here (and will continue too) and pinned it to the top of the thread purely to help you see and find these steps quicker. Please give them a go and let us know how you get on either way. Heart

A quick heads up, you may notice your post has been moved here. I've merged a number of threads in with this master thread to help keep information and troubleshooting on this in the one space.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this,

- EA_Lanna

My Game is crashing. What can I try?

@PoptartJuniper has complied and shared some troubleshooting steps >>here<< to help limit the crashes. I've shared the steps under the spoiler tag as well, just click to expand. Standard smile Please try these steps as they may help with the crashes you're experiencing. 

Spoiler

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

This is the most recent tweet on this issue. Please check it out and see if you have a save to share! PS4 users can share saves with the team. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-ERROR-CE-34878-0/m-p/9057153/highlight/tr...

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1226887705318944771

Share your saves! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-crashes-on-PS4-each-time-sims-travel-to-a...

Tweet for Save Sharing https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1227741443948564481 

@manolobeach  Are you receiving an error code? Also, the PS4 had a system software update just after the Sims updated. Please make sure you have that update installed. I would not rely on the PS4s auto update. Check it manually.

@ohh_dee7  That error is a general error for PS4 and has nothing to do with the Sims game specifically. If you don't wish to do any troubleshooting for your system, then no one can help you. If you change your mind, I will supply a list of troubleshooting steps that you can follow. Or read the link I supplied to the error you are receiving. The same steps will be available there.

@jjorinde95  @Tigerrun777 

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

User @KEW0701 Had luck deleting their autosave file and restarting their console. See Comment Here.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

I'm getting the error code "CE-34878-0" when I crash!

For members seeing this Error Code "CE-34878-0", these specific steps may help from @PoptartJuniper. Click the spoiler tag directly below to view them. If that error message continues to pop up after trying the troubleshooting, please 'Report Problem' on PlayStation as @SimQARobo advised >>here<<. @SimGuruNick also asked if simmers could share a save with him via DM's (I'll share how further on in the next section).

Spoiler

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

If the crash is happening with the error code more than one time, there are a few troubleshooting steps for your specific Error Code. I would suggest checking all updates manually and not relying on the auto update on your PS4. Go through the steps one at a time and see if the game stops crashing after each step.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

• Put the original Hard drive back in if you have replaced it. 

6. If none of the above has helped with this error code, the next step is to contact Sony Playstation Support

I've tried the troubleshooting steps, but the crashes continue. 

Please send on a DM to @SimGuruNick sharing a save as asked >>here<<. Follow the steps in this guide "[INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team" (or read the next spoiler tag) to gather and attach your save in your message. 

Sims saves.jpg

Spoiler

@SimQARobo wrote:

Occasionally it is useful for The Sims 4 team to collect user files (saves, videos, exception logs, etc.) in order to investigate issues.

These are the ways that you can share user files and media with The Sims 4 team:

(Note: These methods may have different file size restrictions. OneDrive or Google Drive is recommended for larger files. If you use OneDrive or Google Driveplease include your user name and a brief summary of the issue, so that we can identify it.)

PC/Mac:

• Direct attachment (only for text files)
    • You can attach a text file directly to a forum post.
  • Upload with a OneDrive account
    • How to upload files to OneDrive: LINK
    • How to share files from OneDrive: LINK
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.
  • Upload with a Google Drive account
    • How to upload files to Google Drive: LINK
    • How to share files from Google Drive: LINK
    • Click “Get shareable link”
    • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.

Most PC/Mac files that we request will be located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ .  For example, game saves for The Sims 4 are located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\ .

Xbox One (videos and screenshots only):

• Upload directly from Xbox One to OneDrive
    • How to record a video or capture a screenshot in Xbox One: LINK
    • Choose the option “Upload to OneDrive”

PlayStation 4:

There are two ways to share PS4 files with us –

A) Upload directly from PS4 to social media channels (for videos and screenshots only)

• How to record a video or capture a screenshot and upload it to social media (Twitter, YouTube, etc.: LINK 
  • The resulting link can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.

OR

B) Upload files from a PC or Mac using a USB storage device (for videos, screenshots, or save files)

• Step 1: Format a USB storage device to FAT32 or exFAT using a Mac or PC.  (Note: Do not format to NTFS; that format is currently not supported by PS4)  
    • How to format a USB storage device: LINK
  • Step 2: Copy the files to the USB storage device
    • For save files:
      • How to copy your save data onto a USB storage device: LINK
    • For videos or screenshots:
      • How to record a video or capture a screenshot and copy it to a USB storage device: LINK
  • Step 3: Transfer the files from the USB storage device to a computer
  • Step 4: Upload the files to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive and share the download link
    • How to upload to Microsoft OneDrive with a OneDrive account:
      • How to upload files using OneDrive: LINK
      • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.  Please mention the names of the saves that are affected. 
    • Upload to Google Drive using a computer with a Google Drive account
      • How to upload files to Google Drive: LINK
      • How to share files from Google Drive: LINK
      • Click “Get shareable link”
      • The resulting file download URL can be included in a forum post, private message, etc.  Please mention the names of the saves that are affected. 

We may not accept files uploaded with any other means.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 207 of 377 (13,723 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

★★★ Novice

I’ve also had the same problem with the crashes constantly and like you I’ve paid loads for these games and it’s hardly playable for long periods, I can’t send my sims to community lots because it just crashes, I’ve contacted ea maybe 10 times done every single step 

cleared cache 

renewed licenses

uninstalled everything with it backed up 

re installed 

initialised my PS4 aswell 

literally everything the ea live chat told me to even change my internet network settings which I did but knew it wouldn’t make a difference

a girl on a PS4 sims group suggested deleting lots from my library and In not sure it helped because I deleted so much and it still crashes on the hour

did you find anything that helped ?? 

Message 208 of 377 (3,237 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

My game is crashing every night and not just when I go to travel or exiting Build mode back into Live Mode but also when I go to play certain households and this angers me greatly. There could be a new household that works for the first few nights then it crashes every time after when trying to play it.

The other night I played a household before bed, saved it and then quit. The next night, I create a new Sim and when I went to continue playing the household from the previous night, it crashed when I attempted to play it twice.

When will EA fix this? I want to play every household that I feel like playing not be limited because the game crashes when trying to play certain ones.

Message 209 of 377 (3,553 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I've done it and its the same or worse
Message 210 of 377 (3,529 Views)