Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by jjorinde95

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Why would I contact PS4 support when the problem is with The Sims 4? If you cannot help me; which is evident, then I’d rather you say so given from your unfavorable troubleshooting advices to other users with the same PS4 error code. Your response has not solved anything but actions that lead to no resolution on the users part.
Message 51 of 377 (5,395 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper It worked (I had a PS update and I did step 4 and now it works just fine)! Thankyou!
Message 52 of 377 (5,353 Views)

Sims 4 (PS4) Error Code: CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So I already know that the error code I provided 

(CE-34878-0) means my game crashed however... this just started happening after I purchased The Sims 4 Discover University. Is this a common issue that’ll be resolved with a simple patch? 

Message 53 of 377 (5,591 Views)

Re: Sims 4 (PS4) Error Code: CE-34878-0

Hero (Retired)

@Massacre-Redrum  If the crash is happening with the error code more than one time, there are a few troubleshooting steps for your specific Error Code. I would suggest checking all updates manually and not relying on the auto update on your PS4. Go through the steps one at a time and see if the game stops crashing after each step.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

• Put the original Hard drive back in if you have replaced it. 

6. If none of the above has helped with this error code, the next step is to contact Sony Playstation Support

Message 54 of 377 (5,548 Views)

Sims 4 crashing after downloading university

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available for PS4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens to my when I’m playing my family is five sims, and time I have to go to a loading screen or try to leave build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes.
What do you expect to see? The game not crash. I just wanna play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been going on since I downloaded the new expansion pack, university. It’s really annoying and I keep losing a lot of in game days because of it. And it’s very inconsistent on when it happens. But it will 100% of the time crash if i go into build mode and then try to leave while in a active household. 

Message 55 of 377 (5,695 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing after downloading university

Hero
@Alenee321 I merged your thread with another post for this

Could you try the solution given in the solution post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 377 (5,661 Views)

Crashing issues since installing Discover University

★★★★★ Novice

So, last night I purchased Discover University for my PS4. Saw some beautiful build mode stuff I wanted to use in my primary household, so went to build mode and changed the wall patterns of every room in the house, and added a couple of bicycles for them too. Saved, thought nothing of it. Went to load up the game to play the household and enjoy my newly decorated house, the load bar went all the way to the end and then.... crashes. I get a CE-34878-0 error which always displays whenever my game crashes. So I go back and try loading up the household again. Once again, it crashes with the same error.

I go back into build mode from the world map, remove the wallpaper and bicycles and save again. Go back to manage worlds and reload the household again. And it crashes again.

I move the household out of the lot (its the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay) and move another family in. Game crashes.

I save the house to the library and try and place it on another lot. Game crashes.

I do manage to get live mode for the household eventually, but when I try and switch between live and build mode, the game crashes.

I move my household to another 64x64 in Windenberg. That works, but I want to change the build. I select one from the gallery to place. Seconds after the build is placed, the game crashes.

I could go on, but it seems ever since I installed DU, the game has been crashing. I've turned the ps4 off and on again, I've got all the latest game and system updates, AND I've even uniinstalled and reinstalled the Sims 4 and re-added all of the packs EXCEPT DU just to see if that made a difference. It did not. I tried loading from an older save from before I downloaded DU, that also didn't work. I have been in contact with someone from EA Help via Twitter and they suggested that the household had been corrupted but I refuse to believe this as it's too much of a coincidence that all of this has started since I installled DU.

So right now my Sims is unplayable and I feel I have shelled out £32.99 for nothing. I am deeply disappointed and fed up as I play the Sims regularly as I find it therapeutic for my anxiety and depression. 

Has anyone else had crashing issues worsen since installing DU? Would a patch solve the problem?

Amy.

Message 57 of 377 (5,653 Views)

Re: Crashing issues since installing Discover University

★★★★★ Novice

My game has literally become unplayable since the university update. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game only to have the same crashing issues you’ve explained. I can’t even play for a few mins because it literally freezes then crashes a few seconds later. At this point either EA needs to patch this fast or start giving out refunds because I’m very frustrated with being unable to play my game.

Message 58 of 377 (5,629 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TGI_Fryeday  @diesel2k1  If the crash is happening with the error code more than one time, there are a few troubleshooting steps for your specific Error Code. I would suggest checking all updates manually and not relying on the auto update on your PS4. Go through the steps one at a time and see if the game stops crashing after each step. 

Another important thing to check is whether or not this happens on a new game. If you have gone through all the following steps, please see if the crashing happens on a new game. If there is no crashing on a new game, the other game is probably corrupted. You can save households and customized lots to the library and transfer them to a new game. 

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

• Put the original Hard drive back in if you have replaced it. 

6. If none of the above has helped with this error code, the next step is to contact Sony Playstation Support

Message 59 of 377 (5,622 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is also an Xbox problem because the crashing issues are the same on Xbox one. Nothing has worked to stop the crashing issues. I don’t use mods or anything. I’ve also played different household and the crashing issues don’t stop. This is a problem EA has to fix.

Message 60 of 377 (5,602 Views)