Re: Game crashing after December update on PS4

by ohh_dee7

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when using Gallery in build mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am in realm of magic and I just click on the gallery to open it and my screen goes black and resets my console with error .

Message 41 of 377 (6,072 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Odd though, when I loaded up my game I was greeted with Restaurants now available and then when I switched world's I had a Spa is now available pop up. even though I already bought those packs ages ago and put the restaraunt and spa in already.

Message 42 of 377 (6,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Tigerrun777  I had the same popups for the special lots also. 

Edit:. I am not having issues with any of the lots going from build mode to the library and out again. 

If you haven't shut your console down completely and let it sit a minute or two before powering it back on, I suggest you try that. Be sure you are. Powering down completely. 

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

Message 43 of 377 (5,773 Views)

Re: my game is crashing after update version 1.20 on ps4

@Tigerrun777  I've moved your post to the Console section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 44 of 377 (5,742 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did it makes no difference other players are having this smae issue.

Message 45 of 377 (5,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes!! Exactly what @manolobeach said word for word! Ever since the recent patch, my game has been crashing with error code (CE-34878-0) whenever I travel, when I exit build mode, or when my sim is just doing random commands. I am not uninstalling and reinstalling the game nor am I “powering off my console and letting it sit for awhile”. That literally doesn’t fix the problem nor does it do anything for mine and everyone else’s sanity. I feel like EA, The Sims Community or whoever is in charge of bug fixes high key dgaf about console players who play this game religiously. I’m assuming the next update for us console players will be when Discover University drops this Tuesday, and HOPEFULLY there will be some kind of solution to this foolery. EA, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 46 of 377 (5,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It is only happening with the realm of magic world. Mine crashes in Gallery while playing the game but when I go to manage worlds and open gallery it does not freeze or on a new game either just the main game PLEASE FIX IT IT IS UNPLAYABLE everytime we get a new update it crashes in the GALLERY!

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 47 of 377 (5,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

CM: Marking as Solution for visibility

This is the most recent tweet on this issue. Please check it out and see if you have a save to share! PS4 users can share saves with the team. 

Twitter Link!

Send Saves to SimGuruNick via PM! 

Please Share your saves!!!!

More Info!

Share your saves! Save Sharing Link in This Thread

CE-34878-0 error is a general error for PS4 and has nothing to do with the Sims game specifically.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you're playing and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Restart the Console completely.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

User @KEW0701 Had luck deleting their autosave file and restarting their console. See Comment Here.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

Message 48 of 377 (8,771 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper You’re right. No one can help me because anyone who has provided troubleshooting solutions hasn’t helped those who has complained about this problem thus far. If the error I’m receiving on PS4 is a ”general error code”, then why is the majority of users having the same error? I don’t expect you to give me an answer since you don’t work for Sony, but unplugging your console, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn’t help since 100+ users are saying that it didn’t work; or even made the problem worse like in @manolobeach ‘s case. My game was fine ever since update on the 5th of December in addition to my sims 4 game and gaming system being up to date. So do me and all of us a favor, and provide a solution that’s going to work instead of stating the obvious troubleshooting methods everyone has done since the Dec 5th patch/update..
Message 49 of 377 (5,833 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ohh_dee7  If the above troubleshooting steps did not help with your PS4 issue, and you have gone through all of them, the next step is to contact PS4 support directly, which I linked in my previous post. 

Message 50 of 377 (5,816 Views)