by TheSolidRequiem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fame points not always being awarded

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the painter career, sell enough paintings to gain an increase in fame. Whether or not fame will be awarded is questionable.
What happens when the bug occurs? No fame points are given
What do you expect to see? I'd prefer consistent behavior between different games. On one family, a painter is not gaining fame, but on another family, fame is awarded normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I currently run 2 different families.  On one a painter is never awarded fame no matter how many paintings are sold.  In the second family, fame points are awarded normally.  The only difference is in the first family, the painter is in a group along with 7 other sims.  On the second game, the painter is alone.  I know there are cheats which can be used to manually increase fame points, but the problem is - if I'm going to resort to using a cheat to gain fame, why have my sim do anything - except stand still in a room?

Message 1 of 8 (811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fame points not always being awarded

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

A resolution for this bug is to uninstall the Eco Lifestyle add-on.  As soon as I had uninstalled this, and restored all my game files - fame points began to appear on the sim who couldn't gain them earlier.  In addition, I also noted responsibility points began to appear which had not appeared after I bought additional game packs.  Not exactly a complete resolution, but a subjective one that appears to work at this moment.  But as I have seen in the past, things which work normally for one game session have a tendency to break after reloading a save.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed the extra formatting.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (788 Views)

All Replies

Vampires no longer visit

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin playing. NPC vampires no longer visit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires no longer visit.
What do you expect to see? Vampires to randomly visit, as they did before the 11/10 update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

With the release of the patch on November 10, vampires no longer visit any house I have.  Prior to the patch release, vampires would visit - this no longer happens.

Message 2 of 8 (845 Views)

Re: Vampires no longer visit

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TheSolidRequiem What kind of visit are you talking about? A friendly door knock? Or a friendly Dining Experience... for them?

Message 3 of 8 (820 Views)

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem And you're sure they fame is turned on for he Sim ? Can he gain points by other means ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (797 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The resolution for this bug is to uninstall the Eco Lifestyle add-on.  As soon as I had uninstalled this, and restored all my game files - a vampire appeared inside my house.  Not exactly what I would consider a complete fix, but a subjective one.

Message 5 of 8 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

A resolution for this bug is to uninstall the Eco Lifestyle add-on.  As soon as I had uninstalled this, and restored all my game files - fame points began to appear on the sim who couldn't gain them earlier.  In addition, I also noted responsibility points began to appear which had not appeared after I bought additional game packs.  Not exactly a complete resolution, but a subjective one that appears to work at this moment.  But as I have seen in the past, things which work normally for one game session have a tendency to break after reloading a save.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed the extra formatting.

Message 6 of 8 (789 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@TheSolidRequiem I've moved your post to the tech forums, since reinstalling your game fixed your issue.
Message 7 of 8 (775 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@TheSolidRequiem I've moved your post to the tech forum, as reinstalling your game fixed your issue.
Message 8 of 8 (774 Views)