Re: Console Save Games

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: sims 4 error code

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimplyMone_YT try making new saves because we do that and it works but when we try to make new saves it does it again.
Message 361 of 449 (676 Views)

Xbox One Error Code 22

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Xbox one question, error code 22 is appearing and I checked all the box's... It will work for a short while but if I restart I run into the same problem.

* Open Gallery and Delete everything

* Dramatic change in jobs / main menu without save

* Reinstall the game

* Clear cache / unplug xbox for a min 

* Xbox, so no mods or cheats here 

Any info would be great, thanks 

Message 362 of 449 (617 Views)

Re: Xbox One Error Code 22

Hero (Retired)

@Richl2484 If you can not save and are receiving error code 22 please read and do the troubleshooting here XB1

I've merged your post into the error code 22 thread.

Message 363 of 449 (606 Views)

error 22

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, FItness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save a game or enter build mode?
What happens when the bug occurs? I click exit and save or just save and the game tells me it can't save. It never saves anything I do unless I put it in my library and even then that's only sometimes. Also, whenever I go into build mode a second odd menu will pop up behind the normal one on the left. Sometimes it doesn't affect my gameplay but sometimes it looks like the Sims Mobile menu and stops me from doing anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to exit the game and actually be able to save my data.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Everytime for about a month when I try to exit and save my game I get an error code saying it can't save. I noticed after a few times that things wouldn't save in the actual game, but they would in my library. Like if I built a lot and saved it to my library then saved and exited the game, that lot would be empty but I could find it in my gallery. Additionally, nearly every time I go into build mode a second annoying menu pops up behind the first one that's on the left. There are two menus that show up and there's a 50/50 chance for which one I get. One does absolutely nothing and just sits in the background, but the other reminds me of the Sims Mobile build mode menu and stops me from clicking any buttons on the left menu so I have to restart the game. 

This is really annoying me and I would really appreciate some help.

Message 364 of 449 (601 Views)

Re: error 22

Hero (Retired)

@Gamergirl10196  If you can not save and are receiving error code 22 please read and do the troubleshooting here XB1

Message 365 of 449 (591 Views)

Console Save Games

★★★★ Apprentice

Well I was totally wrong telling everyone that the cloud save games on Consoles was safer then on PC.. I originally thought since saving to the cloud If a game save went corrupt I could easily recover it from the cloud unlike if you lost all your saves from a windows crash.. Installed the new expansion today and loaded my game and got error 22 "failed to save the game" so I did a full restart and still had the same issue.. decided to reinstall the game entirely and made sure to leave my save game file but, when I got it back up and running all my saves after Oct 23rd are completly gone.. so I decided to delete my local save games and resync from the cloud and still gone! so didn't only lose the ability to play at all today I lost every bit of progress for like a month. This has been what the sims has been doing to me since 2009.. its impossible to get anywhere in this game without it one day just being destroyed *poof* all gone.. this overwhelming feeling of defeat sucks

Message 366 of 449 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Korgly If you can not save and are receiving error code 22 please read and do the troubleshooting here XB1

Sorry to hear your save games are lost.

Message 367 of 449 (571 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had reinstalled the game and freed some space yesterday and that seemed to fix the saving of games but, my issue is that I loaded three of my saves during the time which included 2 backups before I figured it out and by just loading the saves it corrupted them.. I can't figure out any way to revive corrupt saves on the Xbox. I lost alot of progress. like I'm back to generation 1 of 4 generations of sims that each where maxed out on traits including all childhood aspirations and toddler, scouting etc.. their celebrity lvls and traits for those aswell.. all with no cheats because if I use the cheats I won't have a chance for achievments.. I wish I didn't buy the snowy expansion because I don't know if O can even get the will to play anymore afyer losing alot of sims and time that I loved

Message 368 of 449 (566 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Korgly I understand. I have lost saves in other games and it's always hard to lose the work you put in to them.

When I worked on my PS4 alphabet legacy, I backed my games up often on USB, which you can't do anymore on XB1. The cloud is a great idea, until it fails.

I know it isn't the same, but you can adopt your way and age up sims, or just quick through birth/age up back to the generation you were on and continue from there. The tree will be intact at least even if you have to start over in generation 4.
Message 369 of 449 (562 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper yah I've considered the same thing. thank you for being understanding. seen your apology after I wrote that out.. all I needed was friend to get that out I guess
Message 370 of 449 (542 Views)