Re: SIMS 4 WONT SAVE ERROR CODE 22

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Hero (Retired)
Message 151 of 449 (1,659 Views)

@PoptartJuniper Everything. I haven't tried to delete save file from cloud as I don't know how to.
Message 152 of 449 (1,657 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CommishLawWonder It's step #4 in the troubleshooting.

There's an option to just delete the local data and an option to delete the data from cloud and local. If you delete the saves from the cloud, there is no longer a backup and you will have to start over.

Message 153 of 449 (1,648 Views)

Then I'll just have to start over since I deleted my profile. It's a shame. I actually liked the builds and CAS sims made by other players.

Message 154 of 449 (1,646 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniperyes, some steps more than once (like #6)).

If something worked, it never worked for long Error 22 keeps coming back.

I mean I actually started a brand new game on a new profile/account and it's happening there too now, not as often yet as the other one but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Message 155 of 449 (1,645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Does everyone who's getting this error code have a lot of downloaded Gallery items in your Library? Approximately how many? Does deleting the downloaded Gallery items from your Library fix the issue? Thanks for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 156 of 449 (1,609 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick - yes, i have a lot of downloaded items and am deleting them. i started yesterday evening  but after a while, i gave the game another shot to see if my deletions had any effect.

on the lag there was a minimal improvement and i was able to move around between worlds for about 2 hours then i got the error 22 again.

my own novice troubleshooting tells me that the downloaded gallery items are the sole source of the issue ... for some reason or another. therefore i plan to continue deleting every single download.

and unfortunately yes, i was so excited about finally having access to the gallery after wanting it so badly that i downloaded a significant of files.

Message 157 of 449 (1,585 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick - thoughts? should i continue deleting?

Message 158 of 449 (1,584 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick It works sometimes then we get the code again
Message 159 of 449 (1,560 Views)

Okay. So I erased everything from my XBox and cloud. So in this case, If I wanted to put stuff in my game from the gallery, don't download it to library. I've learned that the hard way. I wonder if it happens if you upload your sims/buildings to gallery?

Message 160 of 449 (1,549 Views)